5 Posts

SeaFall» Forums » General

Subject: How Piratey is it? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ecosmith Ecosmith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm getting it, despite some of the less great reviews, and I'm trying to gauge how to present it to my players. Archipelago is a great hit with us. We havent got a pirate game yet. Is it piratey? Is it at all like Archipelago?

Eco

Edit: and how often/much stuff do you get to name? Lots, like in Risk Legacy, or obly a little, like in Pandemic Legacy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kaemmer
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mderate piracy. Really as much as you personally want (you can raid islands and enemies and steal all sorts of stuff) there are some other pirate themes.

Also you can name like 10x the stuff in Risk Legacy, its bonkers. Even in the prologie you'll get 5-10 things to name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
In service to the Imperium of Man
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The language in the Captain's Booke is more "colonial explorers" than "yarrrrr pirates". But that's a consequence of most of the entries being triggered by acts of exploration--there's plenty of raiding in the game, you just don't get to read from the book when you do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Wright
United States
Watertown
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:
...there's plenty of raiding in the game, you just don't get to read from the book when you do it.

This has not stopped our group from play acting the raids from time to time... Just our kind of group, but really adds to the experience... Curse me eyes, but it do!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
iswearihaveajob wrote:

Also you can name like 10x the stuff in Risk Legacy, its bonkers. Even in the prologue you'll get 5-10 things to name.

Even before the prologue, you can name the rulebook. Mine is named Manuel de Manual. And if you aren't naming the rulebook, what's wrong with you?

After playing the Prologue and G1, I have been able to name my province, my two ships, my leader, one island and I think five advisors (with lots of island and advisor naming opportunities to come). Also I named (game 1 spoiler)
Spoiler (click to reveal)
my new leader to replace the one I named in the prologue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.