Runebound (Third Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Inner Fire rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Old News
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Let's say that a hero already used his special ability this combat round which has cost him a surge to activate. Now, after his oponnent has made a combat action, our hero uses Inner Fire to activate that same special ability he already used this round.

Does he ONLY EXERT and resolves that special ability, or DOES HE EXERT AND PAY THE SURGE COST for that special ability and then resolves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
Inner Fire gives you the opportunity to trigger again a surge ability already used, but it doesn't trigger the ability for free. So, you need a surge token to spend

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old News
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Julia! I think so too, mostly because the skill card is cheap.

I have to say this, I noticed that the "Raise Dead" ability that some monsters have does not require payment for triggering an ability from a random discarded monster.

But by using the term "trigger" the wording is very similar to Inner Fire and that creates some inconsistency in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.