Hide
8 Posts

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » Rules

Subject: Drafted too many rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Glambeck
msg tools
So what if we draft 4 cards and only can/want to use 2 or 3 of them. Can I choose to scrap it without resolving the text effect? Like if it says repair and i have no damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scynthius wrote:
So what if we draft 4 cards and only can/want to use 2 or 3 of them. Can I choose to scrap it without resolving the text effect? Like if it says repair and i have no damage.

You do not have to use the card at all.

Not sure which thread but this has been confirmed by the designer.

EDIT: Clarity
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could also consult the Mechs vs. Minions - Unofficial FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No other choices are optional. I would not think this would be either. IN fact Chris answered another question the other day saying that you could swap two empty slots if you wanted too. Why else would you want to do that other than to get around a card swap from scrapping a card? However, I would think that you could take a heal card and heal zero damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both Chris and Mr Piddlesworth have noted that the scrapping actions were intended to be optional. This is one of the things that will likely get updated in the rulebook.

Check this thread for the official ruling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slydog75 wrote:
IN fact Chris answered another question the other day saying that you could swap two empty slots if you wanted too. Why else would you want to do that other than to get around a card swap from scrapping a card?

Some damage cards cause you to swap the contents of slots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
slydog75 wrote:
IN fact Chris answered another question the other day saying that you could swap two empty slots if you wanted too. Why else would you want to do that other than to get around a card swap from scrapping a card?

Some damage cards cause you to swap the contents of slots.

Don't they all specify the numbers though?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
Both Chris and Mr Piddlesworth have noted that the scrapping actions were intended to be optional. This is one of the things that will likely get updated in the rulebook.

Check this thread for the official ruling.

Thanks, that is surprising as it differs from the rest of the game but good to know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.