7,321 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
46.1% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) – Road to Legend» Forums » General

Subject: New Quests? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Gallant
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got into Descent with the intention of using it just for the Road to Legend App. I was under the impression that they ported over the main game and expansion quests into that so that you could play them cooperatively, but it looks like there are only 2 quests that come with it plus the pay-for Delve.

I am interested in the story that the quests tell from the expansions and base game and want more of that if possible. Do the quests in the app tell a thematic narrative or is it just a dungeon crawl? What about the Delve?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Delve is just a dungeon crawl, that's it's entire point. The other two quests tell a narrative (though the Goblin one is very short, more of a tutorial).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Turpin
Canada
Falmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only played the goblin one with a bunch of different groups. Each time there were 2 or 3 missions but I have yet to see the same one twice. I don't think there is any content which has been directly "ported" except characters and monsters.

I have not even played the main campaign yet and I have been very impressed with the replayability of the little beginner campaign.

The 8 missions I have played or seen played were all different due to the amount of expansions I own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L W
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played both Rise of the Goblins and Kindred Fire.

Rise of the Goblins is a short tutorial with just a couple of quests.

Kindred Fire is a full campaign with multiple main and side quests that tells a story where the heroes chase the villain through several locations until the big show down at the end. The heroes start out relatively weak and gain skills and gold and equipment as they quest. When it was all said and done, I played 13 quests in total including main and side quests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noway Jose
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How's the replay-ability? After doing kindred fire once is it the same kinda thing every time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L W
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are eight story quests in Kindred Fire. The side quests are randomly available from a fairly large list. There is an opportunity to do up to two side quests between main quests. Each quest has some randomly generated monsters.

I haven't played the campaign more than once but after completing the last quest my wife said she'd play it again. Considering the time investment (each quest took us an evening to complete), I was thrilled to hear that. Of course now we have Delve to try out, so it might be a bit til we do the whole campaign again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.