BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Southwest

Subject: Denton Texas Board Gamers? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas Ochoa
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Im moving to Denton very soon and want to know what the scene is like, I know about more fun and comics but thats really it.

GO MEAN GREEEN!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ham
United States
The Colony
Texas
flag msg tools
HONK HONK
mbmbmbmbmb
My group meets at the UNT media library on Wednesday nights starting around 6:00. We will play all sorts of games, but gravitate towards light to medium eurogames. There's also a Magic the Gathering group that meets same time and place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to live in Denton but I've been removed long enough that I don't know the scene so well anymore. That said, it's an artsy-fartsy college town, so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding folks.

You might check out Madness Comics on University Dr. near the TWU campus. Last time I was up there, I know they had open gaming tables and hosted a few events on Fridays and Saturdays. I also used to see flyers for game groups posted around Recycled Books on the Square. I noticed they also started buying/reselling used board games on my last few visits.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ham
United States
The Colony
Texas
flag msg tools
HONK HONK
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't go to Madness Comics, but I do know they have moved to University and Bonnie Brae by the Albertsons. So they're now by UNT instead of TWU.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.