Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James David Romo
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Who was the masochist who came up with this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you approach it right then it's trivial with 2 players (or any number).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Peacock
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My Son and I tried 4 times in a row with 2 mechs. We brought the school's life up to 3 and it was an epic hard fought battle that we won.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
If you go for a while without touching the crystals to build up your Command Lines and whittle down the minions, it's really easy to then pick up the crystals and win.

If you grab the first crystal(s) right away, it's much harder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Anderson
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't had a time to re-attempt this mission either, but from what I've heard, building up your mechs before snatching the crystals in the right idea.

And fuel tanks, many, many fuel tanks.

Edit for spelling

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Tiras
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
This guy gives good advice.

Level 3 speed can move you 6 spaces. That's a lot of spaces!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James David Romo
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RiotFpMcgee wrote:
This guy gives good advice.

Level 3 speed can move you 6 spaces. That's a lot of spaces!

We tried to just mill around and get buffed before moving, and we got two crystals in the school. But I realized we hadn't dropped off the first (a mech was carrying 2 at the same time) so that didn't count and we needed to start over.

Then we played again, and couldn't quite do it. So then the last game we just rushed the first crystal, like taking speed first turn rushing.

It caused a huge mass of minions at the very start but through fuel tanks and close calls/snipes with the railgun we were able to get the last 2 crystals while the other mech protected the school.

This was maybe the 6th or 7th attempt. Then mission 3 was super easy afterwards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Ernst
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
It's really fascinating to me to see the range of how groups rate the difficulty of different missions. I've seen some groups have a hard time with mission 1 and others don't really feel the stress until 6. Some get stuck on 2...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrPiddlesworth wrote:
It's really fascinating to me to see the range of how groups rate the difficulty of different missions.

You probably play League of Legends, right? The range of skill levels there is enormous, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xabier P
Spain
Donostia
Gipuzkoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played mission 2 today for the first time. 2 players, 1 mech each, and it was quite easy for us.

We followed the same strategy described above. Move around building up a good program. Then one of us went to gather a crystal and bring it back, while the other took control of the other 2 tiles. Went from furthest crystal to the closest one, and it was pretty easy. A couple of minions were 1 move shy of touching the school, but we had it planned. This minions where the ones closest to the school, coming from blue & green tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Anderson
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nexeor wrote:
I haven't had a time to re-attempt this mission either, but from what I've heard, building up your mechs before snatching the crystals in the right idea.

And fuel tanks, many, many fuel tanks.

Just tried it again solo, and beat it with a little struggle. I used the popular strategy of building mechs before nabbing the crystals. Got a little lucky at the beginning and prevented an early loss. After this, I breezed through the middle portion with my highly optimized mechs. The end offered a lot of challenge as I narrowly escaped loss by sniping minions with the hexmatic aimbot. However, by timing the crystal grabs together I was able to get the crystals back before the numerous waves that come with new escalations caught up with me.

Very intense, can't wait to run through it with my friend after failing before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.