Isaac Shalev
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
If a member of the team dies, do the obstacles they have accomplished get discarded, or do they still count towards the team's total? If the latter, killing a team mate may be a good option for the other team members, by reducing their required win total while retaining the obstacles achieved by the dead teammate. My sense was that this dynamic was intentional, but I'd love confirmation.

Assuming that the obstacles of a dead teammate are retained, it is also possible for a traitor player to kill a team member, and by doing so, both the traitor and the remaining team members can achieve their victory conditions at the same time. Is that correct? Can both traitor and surviving teammates win?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Andberg
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
I have the same question. I suspect that the dead team members completed challenges do not count towards the team total. That's how we played it anyway. We had a five person team and one loner. One person on our team had 5 challenges completed himself and drew the challenge that allows you to flip to a loner and immediately won despite only needing two more challenges as a team to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Loomis
msg tools
The fact that one of the events allows you to change alliances from team to solo, combined with the fact that you put the challenges on your character card, makes be assume that a dead explorer's challenges would be lost. Still, formal clarification would be nice. Additionally:

- can more than one trait be raised to 1+starting value as the haunt begins?
- obstacle 22 can cause give the "what the…" to move important rooms like landings. There should probably be further clarification for this obstacle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Smitty
msg tools
At the threshold
badge
Protected
mbmbmbmbmb
We played this one last night too, and as the game progressed, we were all feeling anxiety over wanting to kill our teammates. It raised the question of if you can attack your teammates to lower the required number of completed challenges. The haunt seemed to encourage this idea, but we weren't sure.
I know you cannot attack anyone before the haunt, but can you attack friends or allies after? Or just the traitor?
My instinct says only the traitor, but I can't recall, and this haunt left us all wondering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.