5,980 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
37.7% of Goal | 26 Days Left

Support:

Elias Zacarias
Chile
flag msg tools
Here's a question that just popped up in my mind:

Do obstacles and/or locks interrupt line of sight?

I have not encountered obstacles yet, but locks seem to represent locked doors (at least so far), which would -in theory- interrupt line of sight for distance attacks. Is that correct?

What about obstacles?

Thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Loomis
msg tools
"Obstacle" tokens, in the one haunt I've encountered them, are just used to keep track of where objectives are in a more complicated scenario; I doubt they block LoS in any haunt unless expressly stated.

Regarding locks, the flavor explanation for LoS is that all doors are open and thus that you can shoot in a straight line through them. The locked room's doors however must necessarily be closed while locked, so I'd be very surprised if they did not block LoS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Do other players block line of sight?

Like if I wanted to shoot through two rooms, but there was another player in the first room, would that interrupt the attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elias Zacarias
Chile
flag msg tools
Lumancer wrote:
"Obstacle" tokens, in the one haunt I've encountered them, are just used to keep track of where objectives are in a more complicated scenario; I doubt they block LoS in any haunt unless expressly stated.

Regarding locks, the flavor explanation for LoS is that all doors are open and thus that you can shoot in a straight line through them. The locked room's doors however must necessarily be closed while locked, so I'd be very surprised if they did not block LoS.

Interesting. That's exactly the kind of feedback I needed (as we have not found obstacles yet). For locks it definitely makes sense that they do block LoS.

Polioliolio wrote:
Do other players block line of sight?

Like if I wanted to shoot through two rooms, but there was another player in the first room, would that interrupt the attack?

Players don't interrupt line of sight as ar as I know (you can't really determine their exact location inside the room as to tell if they are indeed in the way of a bullet, so at least in my group we ignore explorers and monsters when testing line of sight).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.