Christopher Scholz
Germany
Würzburg
Bayern
flag msg tools
This is not a trap!
mbmbmb
Hey guys,

I have bought Vol. II of this series a while ago, and finally wanted to prepare the rules for a playthrough with my pen&paper group. However, it is difficult to play longer than for a day.

I started reading the rules, and they state that the smaller scenarios can be done in one day, but I do get the impression that this is not necessarily true for Vol. II, but rather a statement taken over from Vol. I.

So I ask the experienced players: Can the Vol. II campaigns be played in a day, or should I rather hunt down a copy of Vol. I?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier Rouy
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Christopher,

You are correct, the three campaigns in volume 2 are longer than the three in volume 1 or the 1815 module available online.

That said, 1813 is probably playable in a day, either his spring or autumn scenarios. For the two others, you can either set them at a later time in the campaign (early december for 1805 with the armies around Vienna) if you want a quick scenario, or start 1812 with a day of campaign, and then go on via email. They are long scenarios because you cannot expect the Austrian to be as stupid as Mack, or the Russians in 1812 try to fight on their borders.

I have played either way. If your group is motivated, you will keep going via emails, you can also open a forum on a free internet site and dedicate it to the game, open sections for certain players or sides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.