Subject: Shipping date? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gary gee
United Kingdom
west yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All looking and sounding great!...but, no news about a shipping date?...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jérémy royaux
msg tools
mbmbmb
how could they know?
the factory needs to produce all the material first and it's not done yet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
west yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blackshad wrote:
how could they know?
the factory needs to produce all the material first and it's not done yet

well,it was originally estimated for October 2016..then we got told that maybe part of the pledge would be shipped at that date...then we heard....nothing,except lots of great pics and it was shown at various shows over the last couple of months.so,that suggests,that the game parts are somewhere near ready..but no solid updates from Ares/Gremlin in a few weeks now.
it would be good to just let us backers know whats happening shipping date wise.as the original date has now past
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
In September they said January would be the likely ship date, but it would depend on the last of the molds being approved which has yet to be announced. They won't have a real ship date until production starts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamen Hristov
Bulgaria
Rousse
Rousse
flag msg tools
Yes. Unfortunately, it seems that there is a delay. It's basically November now, and the manufacturer is yet to send the test samples in question which they promised to Ares back in September. We can only hope that once they do, the samples will be ready for approval and no further mistakes will be found.

I'd really hate for the game to run into CNY. On the plus side, however, this delay could mean that we might get the entire shipment at once as opposed to 2 different waves. But we will see. Ares has been a bit quiet on what's the status of Wave 2 and the second part of the campaign

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
Koroniss wrote:
On the plus side, however, this delay could mean that we might get the entire shipment at once as opposed to 2 different waves.)

That's not really a plus side, it would just mean the first wave was pushed all the way out to March.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Farris
United States
Citrus Heights
California
flag msg tools
There is a duck in every game. You may not see it, but it's there.
mbmbmbmbmb
Folks, unless they say it's on the boat and arriving at the distribution center in X weeks, they are being wildly optimistic in their projections. Every company does this to avoid annoyed backers as long as they can.

If they say January, I guarantee they'll miss Chinese New Year and you are looking at halfway through next year. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see this until next June 2017. Probably April at the earliest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
west yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of the main reasons people are switching off to the Kickstarter thing.lack of updates.thats when you can usually tell that things aren't going as planned...they go quiet!!why not just come out and tell us backers? we wouldn't be as bothered about it these things happen.but just going quiet isn't a good thing.and to be honest I'm surprised with ARES/GREMLIN..as they are a top company.and make some great games..i have a few of their stuff.
I have been doing KS for a few years.and they were getting better with estimated times etc..but over the last year or 18 months.its got really bad.some games over a year behind schedule etc...and all the time.our money is in a bank account making the company a lot of interest!!..
sorry guys.we need to and SHOULD be kept up to date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Almond
United Kingdom
Nelson
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmb
tootz wrote:
This is one of the main reasons people are switching off to the Kickstarter thing.lack of updates.thats when you can usually tell that things aren't going as planned...they go quiet!!why not just come out and tell us backers? we wouldn't be as bothered about it these things happen.but just going quiet isn't a good thing.and to be honest I'm surprised with ARES/GREMLIN..as they are a top company.and make some great games..i have a few of their stuff.
I have been doing KS for a few years.and they were getting better with estimated times etc..but over the last year or 18 months.its got really bad.some games over a year behind schedule etc...and all the time.our money is in a bank account making the company a lot of interest!!..
sorry guys.we need to and SHOULD be kept up to date.

This is the problem with people confusing KS with a pre-order system.

It's likely that Ares simply don't know yet when the game will be ready to ship, there's been problems with some of the models which they are fixing before production. Once everything has been confirmed as ready to be produced they'll be able to give more info.

From the bits and pieces around it looks like people will receive the game in Jan/Feb barring any unexpected problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McThorn
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like a lot of KS the trick is to take the "ship date" and add 6 months. No matter how hard companies try...dealing with manufacturing in China is always a guessing game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Starfury wrote:
Seems like a lot of KS the trick is to take the "ship date" and add 6 months. No matter how hard companies try...dealing with manufacturing in China is always a guessing game.
I add three months plus 2 months per stretch goal + 1 extra month per stretch goal that involves miniatures or cards. The "card bonus time" if for artwork.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
west yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
Starfury wrote:
I add three months plus 2 months per stretch goal + 1 extra month per stretch goal that involves miniatures or cards. The "card bonus time" if for artwork.

Jeez...working on that formulae..its another 10 years !!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raegan Ray-gun
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I think making estimates can help quell the impatience you feel waiting but it's ultimately a "When it's done" approach. I'm sure Ares are just waiting to hear more like we are and I can understand if they decide to send it as two shipments. I'm excited for the game but there's no point in getting wound up about things that can't be helped. I think the best mindset for a kickstarter is a stoic one! I know waiting can be hard though, especially after trying the game out on tabletopia!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the latest KS update it will arrive at your doorstep around early February 2017.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think *early* February is optimistic on their part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
west yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's 4 kickstarters I backed last year,,due well before the end of this year!..and not one of them is within a couple of months of their guestimate date..and all coming out "sometime" next year..
its no wonder more and more people are keeping their money in their own bank account.and buying the game on retail release...[and picking up the addons etc on ebay.]
Kickstarters are getting worse..both in value and the length of time past the estimate date we receive the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tootz wrote:
Kickstarters are getting worse..both in value and the length of time past the estimate date we receive the game.

I don't think so. I backed projects years ago that are years late. Maybe it's just that your expectations were off, and are being recalibrated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tootz wrote:
That's 4 kickstarters I backed last year,,due well before the end of this year!..and not one of them is within a couple of months of their guestimate date..and all coming out "sometime" next year..
its no wonder more and more people are keeping their money in their own bank account.and buying the game on retail release...[and picking up the addons etc on ebay.]

Kickstarter has always been that way. Anybody going in with expectations to get games on time will be disappointed. But it's not only KS, publishers have their games delayed all the time. Legendary Alien Encounters expansion has been delayed numerous times, Legends of Andor Journey to the North was another one, the Robinson Crusoe 4th edition, X-wing expansions get announced months ahead of schedule and nobody every knows the exact date they'll arrive at retailers and so many other examples. I don't see a point in worrying... there are so many other games to play while we wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
west yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
tootz wrote:

I don't think so. I backed projects years ago that are years late. Maybe it's just that your expectations were off, and are being recalibrated?
Hi,David.
yes,ive been backing KS for years now.and that's what I'm basing my thoughts on.
I'm just really disappointed that after being told up until about a month or possibly a bit longer.that it was on schedule.. we find that its going into next year!
I know this has always been a problem with backing these projects but, they just haven't improved.more and more are running well late nowadays...and the value isn't there with a lot of the projects now [I don't mean this one this is probably the last of the bang for your buck ks]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Take a look at some of the SoB:FF comments - people are complaining about the 16 month delivery time frame.

So... hellfire and damnation which ever way you go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
west yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh,i forgot...one of the Kickstarters ive backed which like the rest is running months late...has at least tried to sweeten things for us backers...added a few extras to the package!!. minis tray.35 extra cards. uprated box art..plus a couple of other things..and it wont extend the producyion time!!...so, at least they are trying to soften the blow kind of thing!!.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.