Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The missions in MvM have more in common with other games with narrative scenarios than Legacy games.

Example:
Level 7 Omega Protocol
All missions are linked to a story, but they are open. Jump ahead to any scenario you like, and play it over and over again.

Burning Blue A detailed Battle of Britain simulation.
All scenarios are chronological, but you may jump to any scenario you like.

In MvM you may rip open all missions and pick what you want, as in Level 7, even with new people.

But be sure to read all previous missions first, as new rules are introduced in succession. A closer study of the rulebook is probably necessary too.

But I love the light Legacy system in MvM. It is rewarding and fun to be surprised with the new stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
Harry Potter: Hogwarts Battle uses a similar system. Interesting to see that aspect of Legacy games spread.

Jamey Stegmaier with next year's Charterstone is apparently going to ditch the rulebook entirely, with just a "legacy" deck that will teach the game as you go. Quite an achievement if it works well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Anderson
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soosy wrote:

Jamey Stegmaier with next year's Charterstone is apparently going to ditch the rulebook entirely, with just a "legacy" deck that will teach the game as you go. Quite an achievement if it works well.

Cool, this game looks interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Whyte
Australia
Gold Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I agree, the tutorial was so well done. It really felt like a video game.
Gets you learning while playing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.