Hide
5 Posts

SeaFall» Forums » General

Subject: Missing materials or did we mess up? [Spoilers] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gerald Butler
msg tools
These are spoilers after opening the ship box.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
We have 5 atoll stickers placed on the board from various Uncharted Waters events, but have 2 un-torn-up atoll cards left in the Uncharted Waters deck. In addition, in the Captain's Booke where the atoll sticker entries are, there are clearly 6 listed (they're all in a row and have giant atoll icons next to them so they're easy to see at a glance without reading through the book purposely).

So here are the possible scenarios we've decided led us here:

#1: People didn't tear up 2 atoll cards after placing the stickers. This is likely because we did have some incidents of people reading the wrong Booke entry numbers several times in a row (filthy casuals), so it's possible in the confusion that the cards got put in the bottom of the deck accidentally when it should have been removed.

#2: There should be 6 atoll stickers instead of the 5 that come on the original sheet. There is a clear blank spot on the sticker sheet where a 6th sticker could go, which would match the number of atoll entries in the Booke. Thus this is a manufacturing error.

#3: There are other atoll stickers (and cards?) coming in future unlocks and we should just skip the atoll cards when we run into them until we get more via unlocks.

Thoughts on what happened, or is there another explanation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
My copy has 5 atoll stickers and 6 atoll cards to match the number of entries. It does seem odd, but the atoll cards do say you can ignore them. My guess is that they expect at least one will be ignored. And if you draw the 6th and have no atoll stickers left, you should treat that one as an ignore and just tear it up. I am guessing the reasoning here is that if there were six atoll stickers, everyone would have the exact same six atoll events in their game. But do five out of six, then I might get an event you don't and vice versa.

Honestly, I vote to just hunt out the last atoll card and tear it up after the fifth has been placed.

Edit: Just noticed that if you ignore it, it goes back to the bottom of the deck but that doesnt change my answer. Tear up the last one. Alternately, ignore the last atoll every time you draw it, which is a legal interpretation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If there are more atoll cards than stickers, I'd just improvise and draw an extra one with a marker on the map. We haven't run out yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Wareing
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
If there are more atoll cards than stickers, I'd just improvise and draw an extra one with a marker on the map. We haven't run out yet.

That's what we did, when we hit the same problem yesterday: cut the atoll icon from the card, and stuck it to the board. Which, incidentally, meant there was enough space to name it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Harris
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This seems like a really bizarre occurrence for this game. I'm all for the house rules...but I'd love confirmation if there was SUPPOSED to be a sticker, or if we're expected to ignore, or what...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.