Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Francesco Grimaldi
Italy
Limbiate
Monza
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't believe the amazing scores above 100 pts in solo play...i find difficulties in reaching all the three parameters..maybe i'm wrong with number of generations (rounds).
I play first round when i draw 10 cards and buy some of them and then 13 more complete rounds where i draw 4 cards(since you play 14 generations in solo play). In the final round i count only plant production to add some greenery.
Is this correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Stückl
Germany
flag msg tools
inzivro wrote:
I can't believe the amazing scores above 100 pts in solo play...i find difficulties in reaching all the three parameters..maybe i'm wrong with number of generations (rounds).
I play first round when i draw 10 cards and buy some of them and then 13 more complete rounds where i draw 4 cards(since you play 14 generations in solo play). In the final round i count only plant production to add some greenery.
Is this correct?

Yes, that is correct.

In solo play, increasing your plant production and heat production is helpful in terraforming the planet quickly, so you can concentrate on accumulating points after that.
Furthermore, try to find a series of spaces to place greenery tiles that allow you to place cities adjacent to as many of them as possible. Those cities (5-6VP each) will be your most efficient ways to score VP after you are done terraforming (if there is still some time left, that is)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played solo last night. Was not even worried about score, was just trying to terraform the planet. Just missed on temp.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Smith
Australia
Mount Helen
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the rules mention: 5) You always play 14 generations (marked ’solo’).

I assume that this is where you put a cube on, and move it down after every time you "skip", but do you have another cube for Terraforming Rating (TR) that stays on 14, or moves up as you play cards etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmb
JonaBullets wrote:

I assume that this is where you put a cube on, and move it down after every time you "skip", but do you have another cube for Terraforming Rating (TR) that stays on 14, or moves up as you play cards etc.

Yes, there is a white cube to be used as a round counter, and you use one of your player colored cubes to keep score track as in any game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bender
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JonaBullets wrote:

I start the white round marker on 1 and move it up until I hit 14, and my player marker on 14 and move it up as I terraform. But counting your rounds down works the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And I recommend counting out 52 (13x4) cards at the start of the game, as another way to track the progress of the game. Draw your 4 research-ohase cards from that stack; draw any other cards from the main stack. It's easy to forget to move the turn marker, but you will probably remember to draw your cards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu Fontaines
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spartax wrote:
And I recommend counting out 52 (13x4) cards at the start of the game, as another way to track the progress of the game. Draw your 4 research-ohase cards from that stack; draw any other cards from the main stack. It's easy to forget to move the turn marker, but you will probably remember to draw your cards!

good idea... except you will gain between 2 and 16 more cards during the game (inventors guild, placement bonus, research)

So you need to take the "unusual draft" cards from the remaining deck :)

(personally, I would psychologically have difficulties setting aside 3/4 of the deck before starting the game, but that is another story)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's why I said "draw any other cards from the main stack"!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.