13 Posts

Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » General

Subject: What card sets do we want next? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcus Taylor
msg tools
mbmb
I assume most of their new production is going to Forbidden Fortress, but I notice we have a few small card sets like the extra Growing Dread cards. Assuming all the planned Kickstarter stuff comes out (Gambler, Samurai, Darkstone Shaman, Blasted Wastes, Derelict Ship, etc) what would you like to see as a card set?

I'd say we need more Personal Items. There's only 20 between the two core sets and already we have 15 Hero classes with 3 more on the way, plus alternate genders.

We seem to have enough Darkness and Growing Dread cards. How about Town Items? More things for the expansions, maybe? A treasure set for Trederra? How about another alternate mode like the Badlands cards, or a themed gear set like the 'Dead Man' items?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Curtis
United States
Prospect Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wants:

More Personal Items
More (alternate) Starting Upgrades
More Gear
More Artifacts
Town Items Expansion
More Alt Worlds Gear/Artifacts (All of them)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie Lyons
Ireland
flag msg tools
I would say that we need the Otherworld Encounter expansions, and of course, Trederran artifact expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Freund
msg tools
Town Weapons
Town Armor
Town Items
Town Anything Purchasable

Spending your hard-earned money on an upgrade would be more exciting if you had a card associated with it, rather than erasing a 4 and writing a 5 on your character sheet. I'd pay good money for a card set with every town item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hughes
Australia
Camden
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dustin, if you don't mind the outlay:

http://www.printerstudio.com/sell/sell_render_design.aspx?ty...

and

The first are custom cards for original town items and the second the Frontier Town add-ons

all the wonderful work of:

Phil Barfly
France
flag msg tools
SLURP
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcus the Ready wrote:
I assume most of their new production is going to Forbidden Fortress, but I notice we have a few small card sets like the extra Growing Dread cards. Assuming all the planned Kickstarter stuff comes out (Gambler, Samurai, Darkstone Shaman, Blasted Wastes, Derelict Ship, etc) what would you like to see as a card set?

A second set of extra Otherworld Artifact cards for each Otherworld.

Marcus the Ready wrote:
I'd say we need more Personal Items. There's only 20 between the two core sets and already we have 15 Hero classes with 3 more on the way, plus alternate genders.

There will be some in Forbidden Fortress (Probably another 10). Plus the Jargono Native has his own set of 5.

Marcus the Ready wrote:
We seem to have enough Darkness and Growing Dread cards. How about Town Items? More things for the expansions, maybe? A treasure set for Trederra? How about another alternate mode like the Badlands cards, or a themed gear set like the 'Dead Man' items?

Extra Artifact Card sets for all the current Otherworlds that don't have them (i.e Tredarra, Vostros, Blasted Wastes, But not Fortress or Belly of the Beast) were in the Kickstarter Pledge Manager. so a Tredarran Artifacts expansion is coming.

I rather suspect the Mission Packs (Cult, Vampires, werewolves, Lost Army, Succubi, Black Fang Tribe) will have themed gear and artifacts sets in them. Those may be closer to Ghosts of the Damned than Dead Man's Hand

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jokeroz wrote:
Dustin, if you don't mind the outlay:

and

The first are custom cards for original town items and the second the Frontier Town add-ons

all the wonderful work of:

Phil Barfly
France
flag msg tools
SLURP
mbmbmbmbmb

Unfortunately Phil put the wrong sale prices on those. (rougly a third rather than a half.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Taylor
msg tools
mbmb
dahak wrote:

There will be some in Forbidden Fortress (Probably another 10).

It makes absolutely no sense for a cowboy in the wild west to have starting items from feudal Japan. Once, maybe, but all the time?

I think we need more thematic ones so that every potential hero has their own unique one rather than doubling up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bum Kim
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcus the Ready wrote:
It makes absolutely no sense for a cowboy in the wild west to have starting items from feudal Japan. Once, maybe, but all the time?

Wha--? You're asking for realism in a game with open portals to other worlds that happen to have the right mix of atmosphere for humans to breathe and the exact same gravitational pulls?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MT Dav

Maryland
msg tools
Philbarfly and I made 16 more personal items. Look in the files section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcus the Ready wrote:
I think we need more thematic ones so that every potential hero has their own unique one rather than doubling up.

I don't understand this logic. Why should the number be linked to the number of hero classes? At most you draw just over a third of the deck in a 6 player campaign that has a Gunslinger and no Jargono Native.

It isn't like you run out or can see all of them in a single game (Tredarran Lieutenants are bad for this).

Only about five of the current Personal items are so thematically Old West (Ace of Spades, Cigarette, Weathered Poncho, Pocket Watch and Silver Dice) rather than pre Tokugawa Japan (1) that they might be off in Fortress and it is likely that it will be similar the other way round.

Not to mention the Wandering Samurai class, for whom such items are likely to be appropriate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We need more of all the cards. I would love just giant packs of cards as expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Keetlaer
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whiskemuscles wrote:
We need more of all the cards. I would love just giant packs of cards as expansions.

I'm thinking mainly of the following (from FFP):
Hero Cards: Starting Gear & Starting Upgrade (duplicate sets for a Posse with two or more of the same Hero Class).
Hero Upgrade Ability & Hero Upgrade Bonus (we can make our own designs with Klutz's Card Factory).
Encounter (both regular and special; for every World).
Artifact (for every World too).
Sermon (extra starting Sermons, plus new ones; for a Posse with more than one Preacher).
Town Items are on the wishlist of many a player... They are mentioned in previous reactions. (Klutz again!)
Other World Threat (to make it easy to build special Threat Decks).
Maybe more Adventure cards? Up to now there are going to be a total of 8 if my count is correct.
Blank cards of every type. (So we can make our own, without them being obvious custom content when seen on the back or in the deck. I already have cards of some types as they were available after the KS campaign, in the pledge manager.)
My Gear Deck is already rather big, and there are coming more cards for that deck soon. So for that deck I don't necessarily need more cards.

I will be creating some of the card types mentioned above. But I want to make more decks as well. That will however take some time as I do not yet have everything from my MC pledge. At the moment I'm thinking about:
Mission (+effects).
Travel Hazard (+effects).
Initiative.
Hero Class.
Hero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.