Support:

Casey J
United States
Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Here's our issue:

We played a game with 3 players, and a particular Winter space had both spaces occupied with regular workers and a Grande Worker played outside of the spaces. One of the players whose regular worker occupied a space passed out of Winter. Does that space remain open (making it available for another player with extra workers left), or does the Grande Worker "slide" into the empty slot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
It's available for another player to use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goulette
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually I'm pretty sure you are making a rules mistake. You do not return workers until "Year End" which comes after Winter is over. And winter is not over until all players have finished placing all of their workers. So there should be no new empty spot ever.

(This is the base game rule, I don't remember if there is some rule change in Tuscany.)

Edit:
I checked the Tuscany rules and I don't see anything that changes the base game rules regarding year end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
anaturalharmonic wrote:
Actually I'm pretty sure you are making a rules mistake. You do not return workers until "Year End" which comes after Winter is over. And winter is not over until all players have finished placing all of their workers. So there should be no new empty spot at all.

(This is the base game rule, I don't remember if there is some rule change in Tuscany.)

Ya, the rules are different in Tuscany...he's playing those rules correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goulette
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brodie17 wrote:
anaturalharmonic wrote:
Actually I'm pretty sure you are making a rules mistake. You do not return workers until "Year End" which comes after Winter is over. And winter is not over until all players have finished placing all of their workers. So there should be no new empty spot at all.

Ya, the rules are different in Tuscany...he's playing those rules correctly.

Really? Hmm... missed that. Where is that rule?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I *think* it's in the expanded board section?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goulette
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brodie17 wrote:
I *think* it's in the expanded board section?

I could be overlooking it, but I just looked again and I can't find any mention of changes to Year End rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hmmm....maybe we have different versions? Although, I'm pretty sure there is only one version out at this point

I just looked, and it's explained on page 10, under the side bar "End of Year Upkeep". It's under number 1, and even warns about this opening up spaces for other players to use.

Do you see this in your rulebook?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
This is how the extended board in Tuscany and Tuscany EE works. Here's a screenshot of the sidebar (Tuscany rules page 10; Tuscany EE rules page 3). It's also noted on the game board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goulette
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
This is how the extended board in Tuscany and Tuscany EE works. Here's a screenshot of the sidebar (Tuscany rules page 10; Tuscany EE rules page 3). It's also noted on the game board.

Ahh! Cool. I totally missed that. I mostly play the base game (since I am usually introducing somebody to the game) so I have only played the extended board a couple times. I missed that detail!

Thank you both. (I needed to read more carefully!!!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.