$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
45% of Goal | left

Support:

Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd set up a poll but I'd like to hear opinions instead. Personally, I think my conscience can afford to be clean since NJ ain't gonna swing and it's not a key state in either campaign's matchup anyway. Incidentally I don't think Clinton is particularly selfish or corrupt, I just don't like her neoliberal policies and don't believe her new leftie positions she's adopted since the primary ended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. I'm a proponent of voting strategically and I think it's imperative that Trump not be President. I do have issues with Clinton, but nowhere near enough to override that.

Even if none of the above were true, I'm not particularly fond of any of the 3rd party candidates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
einsteinidahosu wrote:
I'd set up a poll but I'd like to hear opinions instead. Personally, I think my conscience can afford to be clean since NJ ain't gonna swing and it's not a key state in either campaign's matchup anyway. Incidentally I don't think Clinton is particularly selfish or corrupt, I just don't like her neoliberal policies and don't believe her new leftie positions she's adopted since the primary ended.

Well it's pretty meaningless as a statement, but if it makes people feel better, there's no harm to it.

Just make sure you vote downticket :p

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Okay, ONE for "perpetuate corruption" and is this 'hindered' any; just a "little"; a *smidgen*?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is symbolic nothingness worth the risk of a Trump presidency?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, both Johnson and Stein aren't great candidates themselves, so, what's the moral stance again?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
shake Gary Johnson "bowed out" in favor for Clinton, so, it is the TRUMP-folk now decides; where's theirs "wasted" as "greater effect"? With their GOP it is already lost 'stolen' "fair & square", now, what to do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frankly, stein isn't worth the time it takes to research her and unfortunately, johnson appears to be clueless and think lack of preparation is a virtue.

In my state, any vote for johnson is a vote for Trump.

I've already voted so I can't change it anyway but as of today, I'd still vote Clinton.

And as of tonight, I'd still vote FOR clinton. (If she starts to suck, I'd still vote AGAiNST trump too).

In the real world, you will never get the perfect candidate because your needs are being balanced against the other 350 million citizens.

If you can only vote for someone who represents you, then there will literally never be a candidate who can win.

I'm going to be fair and agree you are willing to vote for someone who doesn't meet your criteria but that clinton has policies opposed to your top 3 issues and trump doesn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
wow TOO S.O.T.S.! What do you think her SC nominee shall 'embody' MOST/BEST?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
This demonstration is not authorized and is in clear violation of Mall of America policy.
badge
Those who continue to demonstrate will be subject to arrest.
mbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
Frankly, stein isn't worth the time it takes to research her and unfortunately, johnson appears to be clueless and think lack of preparation is a virtue.

In my state, any vote for johnson is a vote for Trump.

I've already voted so I can't change it anyway but as of today, I'd still vote Clinton.

And as of tonight, I'd still vote FOR clinton. (If she starts to suck, I'd still vote AGAiNST trump too).

In the real world, you will never get the perfect candidate because your needs are being balanced against the other 350 million citizens.

If you can only vote for someone who represents you, then there will literally never be a candidate who can win.

I'm going to be fair and agree you are willing to vote for someone who doesn't meet your criteria but that clinton has policies opposed to your top 3 issues and trump doesn't.

Obama 2008 was pretty close to my dream candidate, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fitt
Thailand
Chang Mai
flag msg tools
rinelk wrote:
[Pres.] Obama 2008 was pretty close to my dream candidate, though.

Mine too, but he turned out to be a sheep in wolf's clothing.

I guess I saw him as being more Progressive than he was. Although it is possible that he hid his true intentions.

I still believe that the Dems would have done better in 2010 if Pres. Obama had fought and come up short on several progressive ideas. The fact that he didn't even try [IMHO] was a major cause of the Dems staying home in 2010. It didn't look like Obama needed/wanted more Dems in the Senate or House. All this because he didn't even try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve1501 wrote:
rinelk wrote:
[Pres.] Obama 2008 was pretty close to my dream candidate, though.

Mine too, but he turned out to be a sheep in wolf's clothing.

I guess I saw him as being more Progressive than he was. Although it is possible that he hid his true intentions.

I always saw Obama as a pragmatic liberal. And anyway, all presidents have to work with Congress so unless you have a like-minded supermajority on your side (probably last seen around 1965) you can't get and do everything you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
einsteinidahosu wrote:

No, I believe it is important to deliver as crushing a defeat as possible to Trump for two good reasons

1. To counteract the "rigged election" message that The Donald is putting forward should he lose. The larger the win for Clinton, the less that message will take hold

2. To deliver a message to the GOP about the massive mistake they made actively backing a mentally unbalanced lying bigot as their Presidential candidate. Running up the score, as it were, will make sure they don't start thinking that all they have to do is some minor tweaks to their message/tactics. Time for them to stop embracing their exclusionary campaign strategies. Think of it as tough love.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.