Hide
3 Posts

Neuschwabenland» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Played 3rd Mission twice (solo) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Warren
msg tools
First of all, I still love this game. Got back to it last night, playing the 3rd scenario twice solo. This one has the Reich forces, including a Hanebau (spelling?), trying to move across the board to capture 2 objectives.

The first session ended poorly for the Reich. They just couldn't shoot worth anything. The Aliens got some good movement rolls and were relentless in assaulting the Reich forces. The Alien reinforcements were able to finish off the Reich forces quickly.

The second session worked better for the Reich. Poor rolls by the Aliens for movement allowed the Reich to move further towards the objectives though. One of the funniest times was when an assaulting Alien Worms unit rolled 8 hits on some unsuspecting Mountain Troops. I'd imagine there was nothing left to identify afterwards.

I had quite a bit of fun playing this, and can't wait to play the next scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken,

Thanks for playing. I completely agree with you. I love playing this game. Greg and I played numerous scenarios. Fast, yet has a nice tactical richness. Christian had some expansion ideas that included Japanese forces and jump-packed Americans, but then work consumed him. I haven't heard from him in a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Warren
msg tools
What I do love about this game is that it's very playable solo and sessions are pretty quick. I was able to play the 3rd mission twice in an hour (or less).

An expansion would be cool to have. Hopefully, Christian will be able to get some time from "work" to work on one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.