$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
45.8% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: More games should try to be as complete as Gloomhaven is aspiring to be! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raegan Ray-gun
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I think one of the things that draws me to Gloomhaven is the fact that the massive amount of content set to be in the box means it'll probably never need nor be expanded. I like this. Why does every game need to have expansions these days? I don't mind complete games that have addons that really do feel like a later made addon, I just don't like games with expacs that feel like they should have been base game content. I sincerely hope that Gloomhaven does not get expanded assuming it fulfills it's promise of a high amount of scenarios. I found Forge War very replayable so I have hope! What do you guys think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if I play this game and its 95 scenarios, with tons of monsters, many items to unlock; multiple characters to unlock and I still feel like it needs an expansion, then that means the fame is REALLY good, even better that what I expect. so win win..

PS I agree with you, I love expansions. Those that come later and add to the game. But some expansions that feel that just complete the core game meh (though I do buy some of this, many actually)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Allen
United States
White Settlement
Texas
flag msg tools
www.bobweekend.com
mbmbmbmbmb
In the box there is a final boss, based on information provided so far. I expect there will be much fan generated content. I have sent the spoiler information to Reaper, Stonehaven, and Cool Mini Or not folks. They are not responsive. Spoiler of encounters shows you would need 253 miniatures. Even at Bones prices you are spending over 1k in miniatures. One would think folks that make miniatures would jump on this, but no.

Back on topic. I can see expansions to this. As with WoW there must always be a Lich King. Even after you beat the Big Bad Guy, there will be someone to take his/her place.

Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reggie P
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Taking a look at the mapboard, the western side cuts off mid-continent, so conceivably there could be an entire other half of the world to explore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thaddeuspwhirl wrote:
Taking a look at the mapboard, the western side cuts off mid-continent, so conceivably there could be an entire other half of the world to explore.

Hadn't even considered this. Mind = blown.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jochen Wiesner
Germany
Düsseldorf
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
bobweekend wrote:
In the box there is a final boss, based on information provided so far. I expect there will be much fan generated content. I have sent the spoiler information to Reaper, Stonehaven, and Cool Mini Or not folks. They are not responsive. Spoiler of encounters shows you would need 253 miniatures. Even at Bones prices you are spending over 1k in miniatures. One would think folks that make miniatures would jump on this, but no.

And you put the reason to that directly into your post. Few people are going to spend 1k$, or even 400 or 500$ which would be a better estimate for a board game at once. And that's why mini based games use expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reggie P
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MontyCrisco wrote:
thaddeuspwhirl wrote:

Hadn't even considered this. Mind = blown.

It will be really interesting to see if there are any hints dropped in scenarios, events or encounters that hint to stuff "beyond" the visible map!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.