Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Candace Mercer
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Inspired by the many who have enjoyed Feldtober, celebrating the beloved Stefan Feld, I would like to do something similar for Vlaada Chvátil

I started a thread about this last spring and many names/months were suggested and I have chosen Novlaada. I liked the name, and I liked the timing, as it follows Feldtober.

So, there are some long cold nights ahead, especially for those of us in the US, with the looming election. Pull out that Vlaada that has been sitting on your shelf cause you just haven't had the time. Take it down, open it up, revel in its complexity.

Don't put it back. Set it up. Marvel some more. Mage Knight Board Game I am looking at you. Also I haven't forgot you Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization. And you Dungeon Lords + expansion.

Play it. By yourself or with others. Join your fellow geeks as we burrow deep into what we love about our hobby - mind crushing decisions.

My friend, who owns a comic book store, said it best, "He takes a genre and then proceeds to make the absolute best game in that genre."

Some may disagree with that sweeping pronouncement but why not give Vlaada some love this month anyway?

I am getting the ball rolling early by running Galaxy Trucker + expansions and Dungeon Petz tomorrow at our monthly comic book game day.

Please share your celebrations here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
candio wrote:
I started a thread about this last spring and many names/months were suggested and I have chosen Novlaada.

I think the name choice is a bit unfortunate. It can easily be read as "no Vlaada".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Challie Coppel
United States
Huntsville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SO we can play NO Vlaada in November. That would be awful, I love my Vlaada game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Debije
Netherlands
Eindhoven
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
No Vlaada? No problem. Except Through the Ages: that one is brilliant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Candace Mercer
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GSReis wrote:
candio wrote:
I started a thread about this last spring and many names/months were suggested and I have chosen Novlaada.

I think the name choice is a bit unfortunate. It can easily be read as "no Vlaada".

OH NO! "No one" pointed that out! Well, then I guess the haters will also be happy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Johansson
Sweden
Järfälla
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No reason to change the headline, but you can if you want to.
In my geeklist The top renowned designers in the bgg top-260 ranking he is the number 1, counting in an unbiased way. (I'm not a huge fan myself):
1 Vlaada Chvátil 164762 : Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization, Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization, Mage Knight Board Game, Codenames, Space Alert, Dungeon Petz, Galaxy Trucker, Dungeon Lords

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
GSReis wrote:
candio wrote:

And what about Vlaadember ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering I don't own a single Vlaada game, I'm on board with No-vlaada november

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Tzer wrote:
Considering I don't own a single Vlaada game, I'm on board with No-vlaada november

No Vlaada game ? It's time for a Vlaadamber alert then. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
candio wrote:
OH NO! "No one" pointed that out! Well, then I guess the haters will also be happy!

I didn't read the other thread and was the first to post here. If others indeed had pointed that out, it baffles me that you still chose to go with that name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More like Movlaada.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Candace Mercer
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GSReis wrote:
candio wrote:

I didn't read the other thread and was the first to post here. If others indeed had pointed that out, it baffles me that you still chose to go with that name.

Cause I haven't had time to think it through, and I wasn't sure I should change it JUST for that reason. If there is an overwhelming resistance to it, then yes, let's change it, I will go find my earlier thread and see what some of the other suggestions were.

I do also find that having the multiple way of reading it does in some ways add to the meme, even if it is NO Vlaada, it is satisfying for them, that's what I tried to articulate in my earlier post.

I did run a very long game of Dungeon Petz with three newbies today! So I am a bit braindead, and may not have done much better expressing myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.