Hide
9 Posts

SeaFall» Forums » Rules

Subject: "Highest Rank"? [box 5 spoilers] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Casual Tryhard
msg tools
How is the explorer's/soldier's guild member "of highest rank" determined for the purpose of seasonal events?

Is a general check done at the time the event resolves? Does the event apply only to advisors who have already been interrogated and their rank established?

Not only is this not made clear in the rules, but our playgroup can't even agree on a way of doing it that seems to make sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: "Highest Rank"? [Mild spoilers]
JR told me it's only advisors with a visible rank written on them.

Maybe put "Box 5 spoilers" in the subject

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casual Tryhard
msg tools
So the event will be irrelevant a great majority of the time? Ok.

A lot was left extremely vague in the rules as written.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hexprone wrote:
A lot was left extremely vague in the rules as written.

Could be said for just about the entire game. We have 2 boxes left to open, and the number of questions is unacceptable (Some of which are still unanswered or being discussed in other threads).

At one point I asked, completely honestly, whether Rob Daviau was a non-English speaker and the game was translated from another language.

If I was a playtester of this game (which I feel like at this point), I would have at least 2-3 pages of errors and ambiguities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not too surprised by the number of questions, but I'm pretty surprised (and fairly disappointed) that Rob hasn't been more active in providing an official FAQ/Errata.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hexprone wrote:
How is the explorer's/soldier's guild member "of highest rank" determined for the purpose of seasonal events?

Is a general check done at the time the event resolves? Does the event apply only to advisors who have already been interrogated and their rank established?

Not only is this not made clear in the rules, but our playgroup can't even agree on a way of doing it that seems to make sense.

Hang on, let me ping Rob for this. I thought I was answering a different question when I provided a previous answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, this is from Rob after I checked with him:

"Shine the light on all guild members owned by all players when the event resoles. The highest number is the highest rank. This may expose new members of the society."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume we shine it so everybody can see?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.