Hide
5 Posts

Twilight Struggle» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions about end game scoring rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
G S
msg tools
In our first game at the ending score we realized that something wasn't right. Here what's happened:
After turn 10, we started to score each region. We began in South America and then went for Central America. After scoring CA, I had 20 VPs and we still had other regions to score, but then we couldn't decide where to score because it wouldn't make sense to score regions that I would win since I had max points already. After some talk we decided to just score the damn thing and move on. Still, I ended up winning, but it's easy to picture a situation where it would be more advantageous to score some regions before others so a player won't lose points past 20.

How is this problem solved? Can points actually go beyond 20? Do we do the math between ALL regions and THEN we score?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Suita
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything is added up at the same time. You don't score the regions in any specific order.

Quote:

Every Region’s score must be calculated before final victory is determined. Reaching 20 VPs does not result in Automatic Victory during scoring at the end of turn 10; however, Control of Europe does grant automatic victory to the controlling player, regardless of scoring elsewhere.
Once all regions have been scored, victory goes to the player who has accrued most VPs. If the VP marker is on a positive number, the US wins; if the VP marker is on a negative number, the USSR wins. If the VP marker is on zero, the game ends in a draw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yes, theres no need to worry about losing points. If it makes it easier just add up all the regions as a running total and then apply that to the current board score.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Canada
Candiac
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gildenllow wrote:
How is this problem solved? Can points actually go beyond 20? Do we do the math between ALL regions and THEN we score?

Yes, unless someone has Europe Control. In this case, he wins automatically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Shugars
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gildenllow wrote:

How is this problem solved? Can points actually go beyond 20?

Yes. For end game scoring, the limit of + or - 20 does not apply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.