Hide
4 Posts

Fury of Dracula (third edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: How holly bullet card is played? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ra Gom
msg tools
Yesterday, I played my first FoD 3Ed game, so my question may be a little too basic, I know. Forgive me if so. In my discharge I've to say that I've scanned through this forum and I've not found a thread regarding it.

The rules say that in combat the hunter must play a banner card. But the holly bullet card has no banner in it. Instead, it says something like "must be played after a gun card is resolved". Does it mean that "holly bullet" is played just after a vampire is harmed by a gun and without having to wait for another turn? And, what happens if the gun car is blocked? Can the hunter wait until the vampire is hit with a gun effectively to be able to use it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NaClu2 wrote:
Yesterday, I played my first FoD 3Ed game, so my question may be a little too basic, I know. Forgive me if so. In my discharge I've to say that I've scanned through this forum and I've not found a thread regarding it.

The rules say that in combat the hunter must play a banner card. But the holly bullet card has no banner in it. Instead, it says something like "must be played after a gun card is resolved". Does it mean that "holly bullet" is played just after a vampire is harmed by a gun and without having to wait for another turn? And, what happens if the gun car is blocked? Can the hunter wait until the vampire is hit with a gun effectively to be able to use it?

As you say it is played after it has been determined that the gun has done damage. This is an additional card play to the play of the gun.

If the gun is blocked the card is not resolved, so you can't play Holy Bullets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveD wrote:
NaClu2 wrote:
The rules say that in combat the hunter must play a banner card. But the holy bullet card has no banner in it. Instead, it says something like "must be played after a gun card is resolved". Does it mean that "holly bullet" is played just after a vampire is harmed by a gun and without having to wait for another turn? And, what happens if the gun car is blocked? Can the hunter wait until the vampire is hit with a gun effectively to be able to use it?

As you say it is played after it has been determined that the gun has done damage. This is an additional card play to the play of the gun.

If the gun is blocked the card is not resolved, so you can't play Holy Bullets.
HOLY BULLETS
Discard this card after you resolve a "Rifle" or "Pistol" card.
The vampire suffers 3 additional damage. Only 1 "Holy Bullets" can be used in each combat.

NOTE: The "after you resolve..." indicates when you can use the card. The word "resolve" in this context means "not cancelled" (for example, by Dracula's Strength card). The "additional damage" line reinforces that it is played after a gun (rifle/pistol) hits Dracula (resolves) and in the same combat round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do not use bullets made of holly on a vampire! They won't work! That is an old wives' tale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.