8 Posts

Kemet» Forums » Rules

Subject: Movement/Teleport Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jake Reilly
msg tools
The question is similar to the FAQ question:

1.2 If a troop moves and merges with another troop, and the new troop has a creature that adds a movement bonus, can that combined troop use the movement bonus on the same move?
No. From the rules (p. 5): “Furthermore, the player can gather units from spaces on his way, as long as he doesn't exceed the movement capacity.”

I want to teleport some units to my scarab, and then utilise the scarabs movement capacity, can this be done? I was under the impression that teleportation does not use any movement capacity, and therefore I begin counting my movements after I teleport, with the units on the other end of the teleport.

So basically is my movement capacity calculated before or after I teleport?

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lind
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe teleportation is part of the movement action, meaning it is counted as movement without spending movement "points".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ziga Zupanek
Slovenia
Domžale
flag msg tools
I agree. We would surely play like this.

First you determine movement capacity of your troop then you resolve movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
.308 Jake
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say after the teleport.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Reilly
msg tools
So I am getting conflicting opinions here... Some say movement capacity is calculated after the teleport and some say before. Not sure what to make of this. Can anyone else add further comment?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LCG 74160
msg tools
mb
ryelzz wrote:
So I am getting conflicting opinions here... Some say movement capacity is calculated after the teleport and some say before. Not sure what to make of this. Can anyone else add further comment?

The teleportation is part of your move action.

The answer from the FAQ does apply to your case. It could be rephrased as: your movement capacity is computed at the beginning of your action/turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Jones
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To hopefully make this more clear, once you select your troop, you calculate the movement points at that time. After you teleport, it doesn't change your movement points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matheus Affonso
Brazil
Porto Alegre
RS
flag msg tools
mb
Consider this: you can teleport after you have already spent movement points. That means the move action is not in any way divided in a "walk / teleport" structure. You select a move action, you choose a troop, you calculate movement points, and then you move as you please and can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.