Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Scenario Builder? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Antonio Nessuno
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any news on a Scenario Builder for share adventure with the app?

The replayability is a big issue of this game for me, a builder will fix it.

Come on FFG i believe in you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
East Windsor
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
To be honest, I don't expect FFG to provide an open tool for scenario creation. It is more likely that we will be limited regular scenario DLC. However there are a few people working on homebrew solutions already. It is hard to say if these will ever reach maturity or have the level of polish that the official app has, considering they can not monetize these and FFG could send them an C&D at any time.
Still, these will be our best hope going forward even if they are at least months away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eh you'd be surprised. An Open Source solution created by the fans could probably be better than FFG's one, assuming there's interest. There's probably more programmer fans that would work on it for free than FFG has employees working on it. Doubt it will happen, but I've seen it happen in other settings...

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mirv
msg tools
On the home-brew side of things, there are some people working on this.

The following is a link to an unfinished demo I'm working on called Undiscovered Tales:
http://agentmirv.github.io/undiscoveredtales/

It doesn't work in IE currently. I've been working on it for fun and to learn html5 and javascript game programming.

I didn't use any image scans because I'm not sure of the legality of doing so. In the demo, the images are more like place-holders.

The ultimate goal is to create a tool where someone could create a custom scenario. Right now, I'm working on getting the game play implemented.

Here is a thread where people have been talking about their own projects:
Comprehensive thread for custom scenario generation tools

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Zee
United Kingdom
Amersham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
Eh you'd be surprised. An Open Source solution created by the fans could probably be better than FFG's one, assuming there's interest. There's probably more programmer fans that would work on it for free than FFG has employees working on it. Doubt it will happen, but I've seen it happen in other settings...

-shnar

I agree. There are a lot of programmers out there who love board games and play mansions. It would be great if FFG released an official editor but if they are misguided enough not to do so, I would be surprised if an open source solution was not created. FFG could not do much about it as long as the solution did not use images from the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
owen sullivan
United States
Ellisville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nicola Zee wrote:
shnar wrote:

-shnar

I agree. There are a lot of programmers out there who love board games and play mansions. It would be great if FFG released an official editor but if they are misguided enough not to do so, I would be surprised if an open source solution was not created. FFG could not do much about it as long as the solution did not use images from the game.

Exactly you can make your own editor and game app all you want, just can't sell it, or take art/music/sound assets and use them for some other game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.