Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
We just played our first game last night. A question came up about Jourdonnais ability to "Draw!" a card, when a "BANG!" is played on him, to get a "Heart" for a "MISSED!."

Rule:
Jourdonnais
he is considered to have a Barrel in play at all times; he can “draw!” when he is the target of a BANG!, and on a Heart he is missed. If he has another real Barrel card in play, he can count both of them, giving him two chances to cancel the BANG! before playing a Missed!.

My oldest son, who had Jourdonnais, interpreted it to mean that he would "Draw" the card and revel the suit and then keep the card. As we wanted to keep things going and could not find any text in the rules to contradict this we let him keep the card. As the wording was different than for Lucky Duke, Jourdonnais has no wording to "Discard" after use like Lucky Duke does.

But now from the thread labeled "Several Questions" I think we played this wrong. Due to a quirk of translation from Italian to English.

So my Question is; When Jourdonnais "Draws!" a card to see if a "Bang!" card is "Missed!," does he keep this card after seeing the suit or discard it as if it were a "Barrel" check?

Thank you in advance for your answer,
Jim cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Tychy
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Discard.
"draw" = take a card.
"draw!" = reveal and discard.
Always. As you've read it's a poor translation from 2 italian words.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.