Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island» Forums » Rules

Subject: Pot Item rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shabazz
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmb
If I have 'Pot' built can I use it multiple times in the night phase? For example in a 2 player game, I did a hunt and received 5 food + we had 2 food to begin (from production phase) so altogether 7 food. In the night phase we then use 2 food to feed ourselves, and then one of us uses 3 food to heal 3 wounds and the other player uses the remaining 2 food to heal their 2 wounds?

thnx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters.
mbmb
As far as I know the Pot can only be used once per night.

And it gives you horrible munchies later!

(here's a good rule of thumb: if you find something that can be used to heal you, fix you, or make the game easier for you - you're probably using it wrong!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kristopher is correct. Check the Pot reference in the rulebook: "Once per Night Phase, you can spend 1 food to heal 1 wound on 1 character."
That's pretty specific
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shabazz
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks guys, guess i was playing it wrong. But at the same time my pot reference in the rule book is not that specific. Is this a new edition change in the rule book?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DePasquale
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
izajsek wrote:
Thanks guys, guess i was playing it wrong. But at the same time my pot reference in the rule book is not that specific. Is this a new edition change in the rule book?

Yes, it's in the appendix for the new version. I'm not sure about the old rulebook but I just checked on the new one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the vital items for the older version is the 60+ page FAQ in the file section. And it's searchable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters.
mbmb
I think the reference to the Pot being used only once is in the back of the old rulebook, the listings of specific items. But I don't have it in front of me at the moment to check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's also in the ZMAN rule book on page 17:
Quote:
Invention/Item Cards
The following rules apply to the various items:
1 - An Item may only built once, unless lost or otherwise noted on the Scenario card.
2 - Once built, an Item is kept for the rest of the game.
3 - If the Item side shows only a picture (e.g. “Dam”), you get its benefit only when you build it. It can also be used to acquire other Inventions (e.g. “Shovel”), or it is an Item you may only use once per round (e.g. “Fireplace”).

The pot is of the latter-most type described under bullet 3. This is the only location within the ZMAN rules that clarify it. But it's certainly clear, even if it's tough to spot and/or remember.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rollo Tomosi
United States
San Juan Capistrano
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SIXTY PLUS page FAQ?

I rest my case.

senorcoo wrote:
One of the vital items for the older version is the 60+ page FAQ in the file section. And it's searchable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, it's searchable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
Hey, it's searchable.

I like the rules pdf as well for this very reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Like I said:

"if you find something that can be used to heal you, fix you, or make the game easier for you - you're probably using it wrong!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.