Subject: Chick-Fil-A has kid's board games in their kid's meals! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Neumeyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mb
I couldn't find a reference to it anywhere else on here so I figured I would let everyone know that the current kids toy in kids meals at Chick-Fil-A are board games by Blue Orange. They are obviously just paper and cardboard reproductions of the original games, but we got Froggy Boogie and played it 3 times yesterday with my daughter. They even come with a little storage box which is great. I plan on going back this week and getting more. There were five games altogether, but the only other one I recognized was Spot It! Anyways, have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skaanimal22 wrote:
I couldn't find a reference to it anywhere else on here so I figured I would let everyone know that the current kids toy in kids meals at Chick-Fil-A are board games by Blue Orange. They are obviously just paper and cardboard reproductions of the original games, but we got Froggy Boogie and played it 3 times yesterday with my daughter. They even come with a little storage box which is great. I plan on going back this week and getting more. There were five games altogether, but the only other one I recognized was Spot It! Anyways, have fun!

Just another reason Chick-Fil-A is awesome!

(edited to clarify which post I was responding to)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wahl
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's nice that they paid for real games, rather than just having some advertising intern make up something awful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anna F.
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmb
WUUUT I know where I'm going for lunch this week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Webb
United States
Whitesburg
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a fan of Chick-Fil-A's support of hate groups, but, to be fair, Blue Orange would likely appreciate a boycott if it was as effective at growing their company as the boycott of Chick-Fil-A was for the restaurant chain. It drove more business to the company than it drove away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Perez

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My 3 year old son has been playing the frog game for the past two days!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Political comments and other types of disruptive topics ARE NOT welcome outside of the RSP forums.

Please use the icon when you see disruptive or antagonistic comments or any other violations of the Community Rules. This serves two purposes:

1- using the icon will bring that post to the attention of forum moderators so they can deal with it appropriately. We prefer that you not respond to the post directly. Responding invites the offender to continue, and if you respond aggressively you may end up dragging yourself down with the offender.

2- if enough users flag a post using the icon then that post will be hidden from general view, preventing others from being exposed to it.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iori Yagami
Latvia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have no idea who that is (I'm non american, obviously), but i don't like the association of boardgames to food already.
...well...
Unless it's an edible game. Eat a fry: target burger becomes armored until end of turn... Once per turn you can acquire 1 cheese slice for 10 fries and 1 action point... On a roll of 6, remove all sugar packs back in the box... goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Oh, alright - except for Codenames
badge
No, this is NOT my bloody "fursona"
mbmbmbmbmb
Iori_Yagami wrote:
I have no idea who that is (I'm non american, obviously), but i don't like the association of boardgames to food already.
...well...
Unless it's an edible game. Eat a fry: target burger becomes armored until end of turn... Once per turn you can acquire 1 cheese slice for 10 fries and 1 action point... On a roll of 6, remove all sugar packs back in the box... goo

I suggest Pandemic: Legacy instead. Just as disposable, less fattening. Although half an hour after finishing a game, you may want another one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Gillispie
United States
Chamblee
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CFA has periodically included small games in their kids meals for a few years. Wendy's also has done this a few times.

Now if they could just get my kids to like chicken nuggets...my daughter just wants their chicken noodle soup. Not that not liking chicken nuggets is a bad thing.

Off menu parents trick at Chik-fil-A: If your kids don't want the game/toy, or you get duplicates, you can trade them in for a small dish of ice cream instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Robbins
United States
Alcoa
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Iori_Yagami wrote:

Chick-fil-A is a fast food chain which specializes in *surprise* chicken. Like McDonald's and their Happy Meals, the menu has children oriented portions with a toy.

Some of the reactions in this thread are related to the company founder's ... beliefs. Closed on Sunday is an example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like yet another reason why I should start visiting the one that went up locally a few years ago. I've always been more of a burger guy, but I'll have to finally check their sandwiches out one of these days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Hicks
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bltzlfsk wrote:
Iori_Yagami wrote:

Chick-fil-A is a fast food chain which specializes in *surprise* chicken. Like McDonald's and their Happy Meals, the menu has children oriented portions with a toy.

Some of the reactions in this thread are related to the company founder's ... beliefs. Closed on Sunday is an example.

"being closed on sunday" is objectively not what is being criticized
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Blumentritt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think he was using that as an example to hint in the direction only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Hicks
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wouldnt want to be disruptive
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bltzlfsk wrote:
Iori_Yagami wrote:

For the benefit of the non-Americans, the founder is religious, which is the reason it is closed on Sundays, and caused controversy by publicly opposing same-sex marriages. This led some to boycott the chain.

I'll avoid any comment on them, otherwise we'll head to RSP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AnEvenWeirderMove wrote:
bltzlfsk wrote:
Iori_Yagami wrote:

"being closed on sunday" is objectively not what is being criticized

I'm pretty sure their fan base would love for them to be open on Sunday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Robbins
United States
Alcoa
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Statalyzer wrote:
I think he was using that as an example to hint in the direction only.

Yep. Tip-toeing the line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve S
United States
Morgantown
West Virginia
flag msg tools
"Just another reason Chick-Fil-A is awesome!"

Really? The above words are so controversial that they are hidden from public view on this website? Is this the Onion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SDawg wrote:

Really? The above words are so controversial that they are hidden from public view on this website? Is this the Onion?

You realize that happens solely from the number of people clicking the red X exceeding some threshold. BGG admins have nothing to do with that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Hicks
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SDawg wrote:

they were (seemingly) in response to another comment, which was deleted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve S
United States
Morgantown
West Virginia
flag msg tools

"You realize that happens solely from the number of people clicking the red X exceeding some threshold. BGG admins have nothing to do with that."

So, you're saying the admins aren't the crazy ones: its the users!

I guess that's better?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SDawg wrote:
So, you're saying the admins aren't the crazy ones: its the users!
Sounds about right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Norton
United States
Seymour
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bltzlfsk wrote:

What is "surprise" chicken?

Bill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bnorton916 wrote:
bltzlfsk wrote:

What is "surprise" chicken?

Bill

Now now, if someone tells you, then it won't be a surprise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.