5 Posts

Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » General

Subject: running multiple campaigns rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MadeOf RealPanthers
msg tools
Hi,

I'm late to this party, and I'm keen to get ahold of Pandemic Legacy.

But I have a very basic and slightly stupid question. Apologies in advance: how practical is it to play this with more than one group?

Judging from the video reviews, there are stickers which, once attached, are presumably hard to replace and hard to remove. Similarly, I wasn't 100% clear on how many variations were possible in the story as it plays out. I know there are hidden boxes that are revealed - but is there only one thing in each box? Or would a second campaign play out differently?

Just wondering at the replay value. Though of course, replay value can exist even if the campaign content is identical each time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
TR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
no replay.
you play one campaign, and then you can throw everything away.

you will attach stickers to the board, the manual, the characters and the cards. you will scratch cards to make text appear and you will destroy cards and characters

it's shocking at first, it works extremely well for ~30hrs campaign.

it is advised to play with the same group.

and yes, it's worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MadeOf RealPanthers
msg tools
Thanks - that's very helpful.

A bit of a turn-off for me, potentially. I have a semi-regular gaming group, but we often play lots of different things. Perhaps I can convince the missus...

It does sound really, really great though. I'm seriously excited about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
You can play it with a second group by buying a second copy, though. (And notice there are two colours of box...)

But be aware there are plenty of surprises the first time you play Season One. The experience will be diminished if you play it again, and you'd have to be careful not to spoil things for anybody in the group who was playing for the first time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stylianos Kalaitzis
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
Make it replayable with the guides and files in the file section. That way you can play with one copy and multiple group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.