FUSE» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Fuse - A Timed Out Review rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Johnson
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
For those that haven’t tried it out, I would highly suggest playing Renegade Game Studio’s Co-operative Dexterity Game Fuse. This is a team based game, that can be played solitare, that pits you, the players, against intruders that are looking to bomb your ship.

As a member of the ship’s Bombs Disposal Team, you are looking for the tools to disarm the bombs that litter the ship. Sounds simple enough, right? Well, these intruders have decided that you only have ten minutes to defuse them all. They have also put into play some Fuses that if you trigger them, remove some of the tools that you have available to you.

The game is fast paced, it has to be. You don’t have too much time to think, and you have to work with your fellow players to get the patterns that are on the cards together. If you don’t use all of the dice that are rolled for a particular round, you may get penalized. The patterns that you are looking for might be based on number on dice, the color of the dice, or both.

Don’t use a dice, then everyone must remove from an incomplete bomb card a die that either matches the color or the number on the die. If after you complete a bomb, you pull a bomb card, then everyone must discard a die that matches the Fuse card. Again, dice on a completed bomb are protected.

The official Renegade Game Studios app includes a timer for Fuse, but if you don’t wish to download it, any ten minute timer can work. I like the app, in that the timer also has the computer trash talking you about your skills as a bomb disposal team. It adds a fun element of frustration to the game, and makes the time seem to go even faster.

The app also allows you to record your scores after every game, which you can also do on the back of the manual, but if you’re like me, you don’t want to write on that.

While there are some small issues with the game, they can easily be overlooked. The biggest issue that I have with it is that it takes longer to explain how to play the game than it does to actually play it. But after you play it a few times, you will find that the complexities of the game create the most enjoyment.

Game Tips:
Do not play it solitaire until you’ve had a chance to play a few team games and are comfortable with it.

Know what patterns are needed on the cards of the other members of the team, that way you don’t accidentally take the only die that might have been rolled that someone else might need, and cause a die to go unused.

If you are starting to get frustrated, ignore the clock. Focusing on how much time is remaining will prevent you from completing the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.