Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alon Altman
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems that the Captain's Booke could be ideal as a mobile app with audio narration, and allowing on-screen selection for the "choose your own adventure" type choices. I envision that the app could play out loud actors reading out the entries, and then display the logistics text on-screen.

It can even randomly select an entry when exploring an island, though that would require some way to sync which entries have already been crossed out.

Obviously building this app would be a huge undertaking, and would require a greed light from Plaid Hat Games.

Any interest?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I like deciding which site to cross off the map and I like reading the entries aloud. Replacing the entire Captain's Booke with an app doesnt seem very fun or very thematic. And since they would likely have to sell this app to justify it, are there really that many people who want to pay even more money for an app with a limited shelf life? It's a bit like die rolling apps. Some people like them and they are very convenient but for most gamers, taking the dice out of their hand is the last thing they want.

I will keep my Captain's Booke, thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Alan Sayers
United States
Johnson City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone has already suggested something similar in an earlier thread. Perhaps you could look that up and then work on it together!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Robb
United States
Calais
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I like reading them out loud

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.