6 Posts

Jórvík» Forums » Rules

Subject: Running out of cubes from the bag rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henrik Vieraankivi
Finland
flag msg tools
We got into a situation where we ran out of cubes from the bag when putting them on the ships. Does these ships stay without cubes or do you take cubes from the common goods space?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
Unless something changed drastically from The Speicherstadt, or you got shorted on cubes, you should have exactly enough cubes to fulfill all of the need for cubes in the game.

So, either you got shorted, you did something wrong, or something changed pretty severely (which seems pretty unlikely, especially if it's not addressed in the rules).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank W

Seattle
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, it sounds like something went wrong. There are exactly as many cubes in the bag as there are spaces for cubes on ships, and the only way for a cube to come out of the bag is to be put onto a ship, so this situation should never happen. (Similarly, this means the bag should always be empty at the end of the game.) Perhaps you should double-check that you have the correct count of cubes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Vieraankivi
Finland
flag msg tools
Ok,seems I like I messed up at the setup. Playing the Jarl game with the expansion you should have all the cubes in the bag. I did the set up according to the Karl game, removing 3 gold, 3 silk and 3 glass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sanders
United States
Henderson
Texas
flag msg tools
DNA results:Scottish, Dutch, English, Irish, German, French, Iberian Peninsula = 100% American!
mbmbmbmbmb
This happened to us also in our 4 player game we wound up short by about 8 cubes. Do you put some of them back in the bag after playing them ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Geller
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
caltexn wrote:
This happened to us also in our 4 player game we wound up short by about 8 cubes. Do you put some of them back in the bag after playing them ?

In the original, the cubes go into a different stock after being played (this is where you can do the 3-1 swap, for example). As others have said, the amount of cubes should be exactly the same as the number of slots on the ship cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.