48.2% of Goal | left

Support:

Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/10/one-month-253...

Quote:
I’m now spending much of my time immersed in Trump’s dishonesty. I’m the Washington correspondent for Canada’s Toronto Star newspaper, and since September 15, I’ve published a daily tally—or as close to a daily tally as I can produce while also sleeping occasionally—of every false claim the Republican presidential candidate has uttered in a speech or interview. At the end of each day or the beginning of the next, I tweet a screenshot of the list, then publish it on our website, thestar.com.

The fewest inaccuracies I’ve heard in any day is four. The most is 25. (Twenty-five!) That doesn’t include the first two debates, at which I counted 34 and 33, respectively. Over the course of 33 days, I counted a total of 253 (including some that repeat).

#TrumpCheck

Quote:
My first day making a Trump lie list, September 15, I counted 12 false claims. Among them: Trump falsely claimed again to have opposed the Iraq War, falsely claimed that Clinton’s campaign invented the phrase “alt-right,” falsely described his rocky visit to a church in Flint, Michigan, falsely claimed his poll numbers with black voters were skyrocketing and falsely claimed Hispanic poverty has worsened under the Obama administration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Myers
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
Even harder is to fact check a candidate who will murder you with her bare hands and a steely glint in her eye.

please don't kill me hillary clinton --alex jones
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Terwox wrote:
Even harder is to fact check a candidate who will murder you with her bare hands and a steely glint in her eye.

And yet, Anthony Weiner lives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Nothing happens for a reason, but everything happens by a mechanism
badge
God is a cruel croupier, he dealeth and he taketh away
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
Terwox wrote:

Yes, but under a pseudonym.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
Terwox wrote:

BUT WHERE IS HUMA?!?!?!?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
wifwendell wrote:
JoshBot wrote:
Yes, but under a pseudonym.
Antwand Hornywiener? TRUMP still can't "wrap" his 'tiny mind' nor 'hands' upon this! robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2016/10/26/donald-trump-s...

WASHINGTON—Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump had a jam-packed day on Tuesday, Oct. 25. He did radio interviews with Rush Limbaugh, Herman Cain and a Cincinnati host, plus one with Reuters and one with Fox; made a brief speech at his Doral hotel in Florida; and held two rallies. And he said 35 false things, a day after tying a personal record with 37.

1.Falsely said federal authorities refused to detain an Ohio illegal immigrant who allegedly committed a murder three weeks later “even though they knew he was very dangerous.” (There is no evidence the Border Patrol or anyone else knew Juan Emmanuel Razo was dangerous; local police said he was sweating and seemed suspicious, but “no crimes were discovered (i.e. burglary, theft, vandalism), and subsequent data base inquiries showed no criminal history.”)

2.Falsely described Canadian health care: “You know, if you look at even Canada, the people come down. When they want an operation, they come to the United States to get the operation.” (It is very rare for Canadians to leave the country for any kind of healthcare. Even according to the conservative Fraser Institute, 99 per cent of patients stayed in Canada for care last year.)

3.Falsely said of Canadian health care: “It is a disaster in terms of cost, of course.” (The U.S. system is more costly than any other in the world. The U.S. spends about twice as much per capita than Canada does. According to a 2015 report from the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development, Canada spent 10 per cent of GDP on health care in 2013, $4,351 per person; the U.S. spent 16 per cent, or $8,713 per person.)

4.Falsely described his 2010 views on Obamacare: “And you remember, I called that from before it was approved. I said, "This can't work, because it's just...The plan is no good. The concept is no good.” And “I think it’s a disaster, and I’ve been saying it from the time before they even voted for it. I said this is a plan can’t work, it’s going to be a disaster.’” (Trump was considerably more ambivalent at the time. In an interview the very day Congress passed the law, he said he was “really torn,” that Obama was “certainly looking like a hero,” and that “something had to be done” about the number of uninsured people.)

5.Falsely said of Clinton, “She wants to put the government totally in charge of your health care.” (Clinton is not advocating that the current system be replaced by a single-payer, government-run system.)

6.Falsely said, “They said Romney had crowds, but the truth is he had one crowd, one big crowd the last day.” (Romney drew numerous big crowds in the last month of the election. Wrote Politico in Oct. 2012: “In the past week alone, Romney’s campaign says at least three of its rallies have, per the campaign’s crowd counts, exceeded 10,000 people: an Oct. 4 event with country singer Trace Adkins in Fishersville, Va., which was Romney’s largest event ever at 14,000 people; a rally last Sunday in Port St. Lucie, Fla., that drew 12,000; and one in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, that fire marshals estimated also drew 12,000.”)

7.Falsely said of Hillary Clinton, “She gave them Mosul. She didn’t know what she was doing.” (As secretary of state, Clinton was not in charge of military decisions in Iraq. And she advocated for keeping a residual troop force in the country rather than a more complete withdrawal.)

8.Falsely said, “Hillary Clinton gave them 20 per cent of our uranium. Gave Russia. For a big payment.” (Clinton didn’t personally give Russia uranium – the State Department was one of nine government entities that endorsed the purchase of Uranium One. Investors in the deal made big donations to the Clinton Foundation, but “at least two years before the deal,” Politifact reports. And there is no evidence that Clinton was given a payment for the deal.)

9.Falsely said, “Crooked Hillary was given the questions to a debate. Right. You saw that.” (Clinton appears to have been given one question, not questions plural, to a CNN town hall during the Democratic primary, not a debate.)

10.Falsely said, on a separate occasion, “She got the answers to a debate.” (There is no such thing as “answers to a debate.”)

11.Falsely said of Syrian refugees, “We have no idea where they come from. We have no idea who they are.” (The refugees are put through an extensive screening process.)

12.Falsely said Clinton’s immigration plan “includes an open border with the Middle East. She wants people to pour in.” (Clinton is not proposing an open border with the Middle East.)

13.Falsely said, “Did you see her after the debate? She was exhausted.” (Clinton appeared cheerful and energetic after the last debate, and she took questions from reporters on her plane. Trump left without taking questions.)

14.Falsely described a donation to a Virginia state senate candidate from Gov. Terry McAuliffe: “So the FBI is investigating…so think of this. So the head of the FBI who’s investigating her has a wife who wants to run for some office and they give her not $1,000, not $2,000 not $20, $30—$675,000.” (Trump’s account strongly suggests the McAuliffe PAC donation was made to candidate Jill McCabe while husband Andrew McCabe was conducting the Clinton-email investigation. In fact, Andrew McCabe was not promoted to his role in the investigation until three months after his wife’s failed campaign was over.)

15.Falsely said, “Now, that’s Clinton giving the money. Because that’s how close they are. So Clinton gave the FBI agent who was top person, who was the top person in charge of her email case…she gave money at a huge clip, $675,000, to the wife of the FBI agent who was in charge of her investigation. Let me tell you something — that's a criminal act.” (McAuliffe is not Clinton. McCabe’s husband was not involved in the investigation at the time. There is no evidence Clinton even knew about the payment, let alone ordered it. There is no evidence it was a criminal act.)

16.Falsely said, “In other words, the man who was in charge of the investigation of Hillary Clinton accepted, essentially, from Hillary Clinton, $675,000 that went to his wife.” (This is a direct accusation of corruption for which there was no evidence. Andrew McCabe did not accept money, and he did not accept money from Clinton.)

17.Falsely said of the Border Patrol, “They’ve totally endorsed me, and so has ICE.” (A union of Border Patrol officers and a union of Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers has endorsed Trump, not the entire government agencies.)

18.Falsely said, “We’re way ahead in Ohio.” (Trump is up in Ohio by one percentage point on average.)

19.Falsely said, “75 per cent of the American people think our country is on the wrong track. Every poll says it.” (Sixty-four per cent think so, according to polling averages. No poll that has asked this common “right direction/wrong track” question has recorded a “wrong track” answer higher than 70 per cent since July.)

20.Falsely said, of General James Cartwright, “You’ll have generals who are going to jail for five years.” (Under Cartwright’s guilty plea for lying to the FBI about his conversations with reporters about Iran’s nuclear program, the government and defense have agreed to a sentence of up to six months in jail. While the judge can reject this agreement and go up to five years, it is highly unlikely he will do so.)

21.Falsely said of Clinton, “She’s going to raise your taxes.” (Clinton’s plan includes only tax hikes on the rich.)

22.Falsely said, “The IBD poll just came out and we’re two points up.” (The Investor’s Business Daily poll is a tracking poll that comes out daily. By the time Trump spoke, he was down by nearly one point.)

23.Falsely said, “Look at that one poll that came out, ABC/Washington Post. That was a Democratic poll. They’re rigging the system." (He is referring to a recent ABC poll, not an ABC/Washington Post poll. It was a legitimate independent poll. Trump could fairly question the composition of its sample, as some Trump supporters have done, but he crosses the line into falsehood when he calls it “a Democratic poll” and suggests it was “rigged.”)

24.Falsely said of the U.S economy, “We have no growth in our country. We have no growth.” (The economy has grown steadily since 2009, though not at all rapidly. Growth was 1.4 per cent in the second quarter.)

25.Falsely said, “We’re the highest-taxed nation in the world.” (The U.S. is among the highest on corporate taxes, but not even the highest in that category. When all taxes are included, it is below the average for the industrialized world.)

26.Falsely said, “You know, they even put phony polls out there, Rush. You take a look at some of these polls; they're totally phony.” (None of the public polls that showed Trump trailing is “phony.”)

27.Falsely said, of Obamacare price increases, “The number of 25 per cent is nothing. That’s a phony number too. That’s a lie just like everything else.” (It is not a lie, it’s an average. Trump pointed to larger-than-25 increases in some states, but this does not make the 25 figure “phony.”)

28.Falsely said of the wind farm in the area of Palm Springs, California: “And it kills all the birds. I don’t know if you know that…Thousands of birds are lying on the ground. And the eagle.” (One study found two eagle deaths at this site in 20 years, the last in 1997. Experts said there are not thousands of birds lying on the ground. “Not in Palm Springs,” ornithologist K. Shawn Smallwood said of Trump’s claims in an interview. “Palm Springs is pretty low-impact on birds.”)

29.Falsely said of wind turbines near Palm Springs, California: “They have all these different companies and each one is made by a different group from, all from China and from Germany, by the way – not from here.” (When Trump made the made-in-China claim in 2012, a local news station quoted a local expert who said, “The first generation turbines we have here are made in Denmark, those right behind us are the new ones, 1.5 megawatt units made in the United Sates.” They are certainly not “all from China and from Germany.”)

30.Falsely said of wind turbines near Palm Springs, California: “And you look at all these windmills. Half of them are broken. They’re rusting and rotting. You know, you’re driving into Palm Springs, California, and it looks like a poor man’s version of Disneyland. It’s the worst thing you’ve ever seen.” (This claim would have been true decades ago but isn’t any longer. Authorities removed 1,000 old turbines by 1998. While there are still some that don’t work, it is not half.)

31.Falsely said of Clinton, “Her rallies last for about 15 minutes.” (Clinton speaks for longer than that, and there are other speakers too.)

32.Falsely said Clinton “made 13 iPhones disappear, some with a hammer.” (Clinton’s phones were Blackberrys.)

33.Falsely said, “Some of the voting is rigged. Everybody knows. “Check out Philadelphia, Chicago, St. Louis.” (There is no evidence of vote-rigging in Philadelphia and Chicago. There have been recent allegations of St. Louis voting fraud in a state-legislature race in Missouri, but there is no evidence of a problem at the presidential level there either.)

34.Falsely said, of illegal immigrants, “This crime wave ends when Donald Trump becomes president.” (There is no evidence of a crime wave by illegal immigrants; Trump simply recited a few anecdotes.)

35.Falsely said of Clinton, “She hired people, thugs, to go into my rallies…go into a rally and beat people up,” and “The violence was caused by Hillary Clinton’s campaign, where they were paying people $1,500 and a cellphone to go in and create tremendous violence. Hit people, punch people.” (An undercover video by a conservative sting activist showed Democratic operatives appearing to talk about having provoked confrontations at a Trump rally in Chicago. There is no evidence that the Clinton campaign hired people to produce violence or to punch people. And one of the operatives said their goal was to get Trump supporters to be violent – “You can message to draw them out and draw them to punch you” – not to be violent themselves.)

Man... just one DAY of Trump's falsehoods is full shreve.
But here's a second DAY of Trump's falsehoods for good measure.

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2016/10/25/donald-trump-t...

WASHINGTON—Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump had one of the busiest days of his campaign on Monday, Oct. 24. He did two Florida rallies, two Florida round tables, two radio interviews, an interview with Christian conservative Pat Robertson, and an interview with the Palm Beach Post newspaper.

And he said 37 false things — tying the record he set at the third presidential debate, by far the most of any nondebate day since we started counting in September. The list:

1. Falsely said of Clinton’s email deletion: “Sophisticated people, people that really know the Internet and this stuff, said they never even heard of bleaching, because it’s such an expensive process.” (Clinton aides used a software program called BleachBit — which is a free download.)

2. Falsely said, of an allegation that he violated the trade embargo with Cuba, “I mean, I’m hearing this for the first time but I’ll check that.” (Trump was asked about this very subject the day prior, and his senior aides have been asked since the story came out in September.)

3. Falsely said, “And I’ve been endorsed largely, at least conceptually, by the military.” (The military does not issue endorsements, and it is nonsensical to say he has been “conceptually” endorsed by the military. Trump has endorsements from retired officers, but so does Clinton.)

4. Falsely said, “Wow, just came out on secret tape that Crooked Hillary wants to take in as many Syrians as possible.” (No such tape has just come out. In an undercover video by a conservative group in 2015, Clinton aide Huma Abedin benignly agrees with a provocateur’s suggestion that the U.S. should accept Syrian refugees, as Clinton has said publicly.)

5. Falsely tweeted, “Why has nobody asked Kaine about the horrible views emanated on WikiLeaks about Catholics? Media in the tank for Clinton but Trump will win!” (Democratic vice-presidential candidate Tim Kaine was asked in various interviews about Clinton aides’ comments about Catholics.)

6. Falsely said, “She got the debate questions in advance. Think of it. Did you hear this? Hillary Clinton got the debate questions in advance from Donna Brazile!” (This is false in more than one way. Clinton appears to have been given one question by Brazile, not questions plural, and it was for a CNN town hall during the Democratic primary in March, not a debate. And certainly not a general-election debate, as Trump was implying.)

7. Falsely said, “Hillary Clinton gave Russia 20 per cent of American uranium. And you know, she was paid a fortune.” (Clinton didn’t personally give Russia uranium — the State Department was one of nine government entities that endorsed the purchase of Uranium One by a Russian state-owned enterprise. Investors in the deal made big donations to the Clinton Foundation, but “at least two years before the deal,” Politifact reports. There is no evidence that Clinton personally profited at all.)

8. Falsely said, “New Hampshire was my first win. Then I went on to win 42 states.” (Trump won 36 states in the Republican primary.)

9. Falsely said of the Clinton campaign, “They’ve given up in Ohio.” (They have not. Clinton and her top allies have made repeated October visits to Ohio.)

10. Falsely said of North Carolina, “In your state, I’m one point, two points and even in three polls. One point, two points and even.” (Clinton has led in at least 13 consecutive North Carolina polls.)

11. Falsely said, “All I know is we’re leading in the polls.” (Trump trails by an average of more than five points nationally.)

12. Falsely said, “The new poll that just came out from Investor’s Business Daily, which was the most accurate poll from the last three presidential elections, has us up two points nationwide.” (The IBD poll is a tracking poll that changes daily; as of the moment Trump spoke, Clinton had a 0.1 per cent lead in it. She leads by 0.8 points in it. The IBD poll was not the most accurate poll in the last election.)

13. Falsely said, “Everybody had me winning the third debate.” (False. Trump lost in every scientific poll.)

14. Falsely said, “I won the last two debates, and every poll showed it.” (False. Trump lost in every scientific poll.)

15. Falsely said, “Like the ABC phony poll that just came in. Totally phony poll.” (The ABC poll is a legitimate poll.)

16. Falsely tweeted, “Major story that the Dems are making up phony polls in order to suppress the the (sic) Trump.” (This did not happen.)

17. Falsely said, “We’re way ahead in Ohio.” (Trump has a tiny lead in Ohio, 0.4 per cent in the average poll.)

18. Falsely said, “We’re leading Ohio by five or six points, we’re even in Florida, we’re leading North Carolina.” (Trump has a tiny lead in Ohio, 0.4 per cent in the average poll. He is down by an average of four points in Florida. He has trailed in 13 consecutive North Carolina polls.)

19. Falsely said of polls, “When they leave them alone and do them properly, I’m leading … they’re polling Democrats.” (Pollsters are conducting legitimate polls. Trump is losing in almost all of them.)

20. Falsely said, “WikiLeaks also shows how John Podesta rigged the polls by oversampling Democrats … a voter suppression technique.” (This is one of the most comprehensively wrong sentences of the campaign. One: the hacked email in question is from 2008. Two: it is not from Podesta. Three: it was about internal polling, not public polling. Four, oversampling is a polling technique used to ensure accurate data about demographic groups, not to rig polls. Five, it is not a voter suppression technique.)

21. Falsely said, “Seventy-five per cent of the American people think our country is on the wrong track, according to all of the latest polls” and “Close to 80 per cent of the people in this country feel that our country is going in the wrong direction.” (The “wrong track” number averages 64 per cent in the polls. It has not been higher than 70 per cent in any poll for more than three months, according to RealClearPolitics.)

22. Falsely said of Syrian refugee intake, “We’re allowing thousands of people, we don’t know who they are, where they’re from, we know nothing about them.” (The refugees are put through an extensive screening process. Trump can argue that the U.S. still does not know enough about them, but it is false to say it knows nothing.)

23. Falsely said, “She lies more than any human being.” (Trump lies far more frequently.)

24. Falsely said, “When Hillary Clinton was secretary of state they would catch a murderer, drug lords, gang members, violent criminals and they would bring them back to their country … Hillary Clinton was told that their country won’t take them, so she said, that’s okay bring them back, we don’t want to create waves.” (This is thoroughly incorrect. When countries won’t take back an illegal immigrant who has committed a crime, the U.S. does not deport them anyway. It was not Clinton’s choice to release them; under a 2001 Supreme Court decision, they cannot be held indefinitely.)

25. “When you hear about the highest murder rate in 45 years, there’s a lot of reasons for it.” (The increase in murders between 2014 and 2015, 11 per cent, was the highest in 45 years. But the number of murders was even lower than it was 45 years ago — even though the country had more than 100 million more people. The murder rate remains near a historic low.)

26. “Premiums are going up 70, 80, 90 per cent” and “The rates are going up 60, 70, per cent.” (Obamacare prices are jumping, but Trump greatly overstates the hikes. On the Healthcare.gov federal exchange, the benchmark premium is rising by an average of 25 per cent, the administration announced Monday. Wrote the Washington Post earlier: “State-by-state weighted average increases range from just 1.3 per cent in Rhode Island to as high as 71 per cent in Oklahoma. But the most common plans in the marketplace will see an average increase of 9 per cent, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation’s July analysis.”)

27. Falsely said, of the Veterans Health Association, “In Phoenix, they had people who got caught stealing and they couldn’t fire them. They’re going through a process right now.” (The Phoenix scandal was not about theft but about wait times for care, falsified records and retribution. Though many critics say it should be easier to fire executives in such cases, and there is a legal and political battle over a law that would allow this to happen, Phoenix employees were indeed fired.)

28. Falsely said, “I’ve been endorsed by all the Border Patrol.” (Trump has been endorsed by the Border Patrol agents’ union, not its executives and not the entire entity. Trump usually specifies, but did not here.)

29. Falsely said, “WikiLeaks also shows how John Podesta … he said she has ‘bad instincts.’” (It was not Podesta but another Clinton ally, Neera Tanden, who said her instincts were “suboptimal.”)

30. Falsely described an Obamacare study: “Over two thirds of the counties are losing insurers.” (The Kaiser study found that about one third of U.S. counties will have only one insurer on Obamacare marketplaces. It did not talk about what percentage of counties had lost insurers.)

31. Falsely described a campaign donation: “Listen to this — the FBI is investigating Clinton … and virtually her best friend, and absolutely closest ally, gives $675,000 in campaign contributions to the woman who’s married to the FBI person who’s doing the investigation. No wonder they found nothing wrong.” (The donation by the PAC of Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe to unsuccessful Virginia state Senate candidate Jill McCabe was made before her husband Andrew McCabe was promoted to FBI Deputy Director and before he had responsibility for the email investigation; Trump is clearly suggesting the donation was made during the investigation.)

32. Falsely said of the New York Times, “The Times is going to be out of business pretty soon.” (There is no indication this is even close to true.)

33. Falsely said of lawyer Gloria Allred, “She works for the Clinton campaign.” (Allred is a Clinton supporter who was a delegate to the Democratic convention, but she does not work for the campaign.)

34. Falsely said, of illegal immigrants committing murders, “This crime wave ends, believe me, quickly, when I am president.” (There is no evidence of a wave of crime by illegal immigrants. Studies suggest that immigrants are less likely to commit crimes, not more.)

35. Falsely said, “We’re giving you massive tax relief for the middle class.” (Experts say the overwhelming majority of Trump’s cuts will go to the rich. Half are for the top 1 per cent, according to the Tax Policy Center, and some middle-class families will pay even more than they do now. Most families below the top 20 per cent of earners are expected to reap income gains of less than 1 per cent.)

36. Falsely said, “Hillary Clinton is going to raise your taxes substantially.” (Clinton is only raising taxes on the highest earners. The Tax Policy Center says most residents below the top 1 per cent will receive minor tax cuts under her plan, and even most of the highest earners will not see a doubling.)

37. Falsely said, of Clinton’s abortion views, “a day prior to birth you can take that baby.” (Abortions are not performed a day prior to birth, doctors say.)

The two candidates are NOT equivalent when it comes to falsehoods. Trump is in a unique historical category.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
jmilum wrote:
BUT WHERE IS HUMA?!?!?!?!
cry ohblanktheblankhumablankentityblankdearth
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
surprise L@@K for the T-shirt 'ad'!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stuart
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:

WASHINGTON—Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump had a jam-packed day on Tuesday, Oct. 25. He did radio interviews with Rush Limbaugh, Herman Cain and a Cincinnati host, plus one with Reuters and one with Fox; made a brief speech at his Doral hotel in Florida; and held two rallies. And he said 35 false things, a day after tying a personal record with 37.

1.Falsely said federal authorities refused to detain an Ohio illegal immigrant who allegedly committed a murder three weeks later “even though they knew he was very dangerous.” (There is no evidence the Border Patrol or anyone else knew Juan Emmanuel Razo was dangerous; local police said he was sweating and seemed suspicious, but “no crimes were discovered (i.e. burglary, theft, vandalism), and subsequent data base inquiries showed no criminal history.”)

2.Falsely described Canadian health care: “You know, if you look at even Canada, the people come down. When they want an operation, they come to the United States to get the operation.” (It is very rare for Canadians to leave the country for any kind of healthcare. Even according to the conservative Fraser Institute, 99 per cent of patients stayed in Canada for care last year.)

3.Falsely said of Canadian health care: “It is a disaster in terms of cost, of course.” (The U.S. system is more costly than any other in the world. The U.S. spends about twice as much per capita than Canada does. According to a 2015 report from the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development, Canada spent 10 per cent of GDP on health care in 2013, $4,351 per person; the U.S. spent 16 per cent, or $8,713 per person.)

4.Falsely described his 2010 views on Obamacare: “And you remember, I called that from before it was approved. I said, "This can't work, because it's just...The plan is no good. The concept is no good.” And “I think it’s a disaster, and I’ve been saying it from the time before they even voted for it. I said this is a plan can’t work, it’s going to be a disaster.’” (Trump was considerably more ambivalent at the time. In an interview the very day Congress passed the law, he said he was “really torn,” that Obama was “certainly looking like a hero,” and that “something had to be done” about the number of uninsured people.)

5.Falsely said of Clinton, “She wants to put the government totally in charge of your health care.” (Clinton is not advocating that the current system be replaced by a single-payer, government-run system.)

6.Falsely said, “They said Romney had crowds, but the truth is he had one crowd, one big crowd the last day.” (Romney drew numerous big crowds in the last month of the election. Wrote Politico in Oct. 2012: “In the past week alone, Romney’s campaign says at least three of its rallies have, per the campaign’s crowd counts, exceeded 10,000 people: an Oct. 4 event with country singer Trace Adkins in Fishersville, Va., which was Romney’s largest event ever at 14,000 people; a rally last Sunday in Port St. Lucie, Fla., that drew 12,000; and one in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, that fire marshals estimated also drew 12,000.”)

7.Falsely said of Hillary Clinton, “She gave them Mosul. She didn’t know what she was doing.” (As secretary of state, Clinton was not in charge of military decisions in Iraq. And she advocated for keeping a residual troop force in the country rather than a more complete withdrawal.)

8.Falsely said, “Hillary Clinton gave them 20 per cent of our uranium. Gave Russia. For a big payment.” (Clinton didn’t personally give Russia uranium – the State Department was one of nine government entities that endorsed the purchase of Uranium One. Investors in the deal made big donations to the Clinton Foundation, but “at least two years before the deal,” Politifact reports. And there is no evidence that Clinton was given a payment for the deal.)

9.Falsely said, “Crooked Hillary was given the questions to a debate. Right. You saw that.” (Clinton appears to have been given one question, not questions plural, to a CNN town hall during the Democratic primary, not a debate.)

10.Falsely said, on a separate occasion, “She got the answers to a debate.” (There is no such thing as “answers to a debate.”)

11.Falsely said of Syrian refugees, “We have no idea where they come from. We have no idea who they are.” (The refugees are put through an extensive screening process.)

12.Falsely said Clinton’s immigration plan “includes an open border with the Middle East. She wants people to pour in.” (Clinton is not proposing an open border with the Middle East.)

13.Falsely said, “Did you see her after the debate? She was exhausted.” (Clinton appeared cheerful and energetic after the last debate, and she took questions from reporters on her plane. Trump left without taking questions.)

14.Falsely described a donation to a Virginia state senate candidate from Gov. Terry McAuliffe: “So the FBI is investigating…so think of this. So the head of the FBI who’s investigating her has a wife who wants to run for some office and they give her not $1,000, not $2,000 not $20, $30—$675,000.” (Trump’s account strongly suggests the McAuliffe PAC donation was made to candidate Jill McCabe while husband Andrew McCabe was conducting the Clinton-email investigation. In fact, Andrew McCabe was not promoted to his role in the investigation until three months after his wife’s failed campaign was over.)

15.Falsely said, “Now, that’s Clinton giving the money. Because that’s how close they are. So Clinton gave the FBI agent who was top person, who was the top person in charge of her email case…she gave money at a huge clip, $675,000, to the wife of the FBI agent who was in charge of her investigation. Let me tell you something — that's a criminal act.” (McAuliffe is not Clinton. McCabe’s husband was not involved in the investigation at the time. There is no evidence Clinton even knew about the payment, let alone ordered it. There is no evidence it was a criminal act.)

16.Falsely said, “In other words, the man who was in charge of the investigation of Hillary Clinton accepted, essentially, from Hillary Clinton, $675,000 that went to his wife.” (This is a direct accusation of corruption for which there was no evidence. Andrew McCabe did not accept money, and he did not accept money from Clinton.)

17.Falsely said of the Border Patrol, “They’ve totally endorsed me, and so has ICE.” (A union of Border Patrol officers and a union of Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers has endorsed Trump, not the entire government agencies.)

18.Falsely said, “We’re way ahead in Ohio.” (Trump is up in Ohio by one percentage point on average.)

19.Falsely said, “75 per cent of the American people think our country is on the wrong track. Every poll says it.” (Sixty-four per cent think so, according to polling averages. No poll that has asked this common “right direction/wrong track” question has recorded a “wrong track” answer higher than 70 per cent since July.)

20.Falsely said, of General James Cartwright, “You’ll have generals who are going to jail for five years.” (Under Cartwright’s guilty plea for lying to the FBI about his conversations with reporters about Iran’s nuclear program, the government and defense have agreed to a sentence of up to six months in jail. While the judge can reject this agreement and go up to five years, it is highly unlikely he will do so.)

21.Falsely said of Clinton, “She’s going to raise your taxes.” (Clinton’s plan includes only tax hikes on the rich.)

22.Falsely said, “The IBD poll just came out and we’re two points up.” (The Investor’s Business Daily poll is a tracking poll that comes out daily. By the time Trump spoke, he was down by nearly one point.)

23.Falsely said, “Look at that one poll that came out, ABC/Washington Post. That was a Democratic poll. They’re rigging the system." (He is referring to a recent ABC poll, not an ABC/Washington Post poll. It was a legitimate independent poll. Trump could fairly question the composition of its sample, as some Trump supporters have done, but he crosses the line into falsehood when he calls it “a Democratic poll” and suggests it was “rigged.”)

24.Falsely said of the U.S economy, “We have no growth in our country. We have no growth.” (The economy has grown steadily since 2009, though not at all rapidly. Growth was 1.4 per cent in the second quarter.)

25.Falsely said, “We’re the highest-taxed nation in the world.” (The U.S. is among the highest on corporate taxes, but not even the highest in that category. When all taxes are included, it is below the average for the industrialized world.)

26.Falsely said, “You know, they even put phony polls out there, Rush. You take a look at some of these polls; they're totally phony.” (None of the public polls that showed Trump trailing is “phony.”)

27.Falsely said, of Obamacare price increases, “The number of 25 per cent is nothing. That’s a phony number too. That’s a lie just like everything else.” (It is not a lie, it’s an average. Trump pointed to larger-than-25 increases in some states, but this does not make the 25 figure “phony.”)

28.Falsely said of the wind farm in the area of Palm Springs, California: “And it kills all the birds. I don’t know if you know that…Thousands of birds are lying on the ground. And the eagle.” (One study found two eagle deaths at this site in 20 years, the last in 1997. Experts said there are not thousands of birds lying on the ground. “Not in Palm Springs,” ornithologist K. Shawn Smallwood said of Trump’s claims in an interview. “Palm Springs is pretty low-impact on birds.”)

29.Falsely said of wind turbines near Palm Springs, California: “They have all these different companies and each one is made by a different group from, all from China and from Germany, by the way – not from here.” (When Trump made the made-in-China claim in 2012, a local news station quoted a local expert who said, “The first generation turbines we have here are made in Denmark, those right behind us are the new ones, 1.5 megawatt units made in the United Sates.” They are certainly not “all from China and from Germany.”)

30.Falsely said of wind turbines near Palm Springs, California: “And you look at all these windmills. Half of them are broken. They’re rusting and rotting. You know, you’re driving into Palm Springs, California, and it looks like a poor man’s version of Disneyland. It’s the worst thing you’ve ever seen.” (This claim would have been true decades ago but isn’t any longer. Authorities removed 1,000 old turbines by 1998. While there are still some that don’t work, it is not half.)

31.Falsely said of Clinton, “Her rallies last for about 15 minutes.” (Clinton speaks for longer than that, and there are other speakers too.)

32.Falsely said Clinton “made 13 iPhones disappear, some with a hammer.” (Clinton’s phones were Blackberrys.)

33.Falsely said, “Some of the voting is rigged. Everybody knows. “Check out Philadelphia, Chicago, St. Louis.” (There is no evidence of vote-rigging in Philadelphia and Chicago. There have been recent allegations of St. Louis voting fraud in a state-legislature race in Missouri, but there is no evidence of a problem at the presidential level there either.)

34.Falsely said, of illegal immigrants, “This crime wave ends when Donald Trump becomes president.” (There is no evidence of a crime wave by illegal immigrants; Trump simply recited a few anecdotes.)

35.Falsely said of Clinton, “She hired people, thugs, to go into my rallies…go into a rally and beat people up,” and “The violence was caused by Hillary Clinton’s campaign, where they were paying people $1,500 and a cellphone to go in and create tremendous violence. Hit people, punch people.” (An undercover video by a conservative sting activist showed Democratic operatives appearing to talk about having provoked confrontations at a Trump rally in Chicago. There is no evidence that the Clinton campaign hired people to produce violence or to punch people. And one of the operatives said their goal was to get Trump supporters to be violent – “You can message to draw them out and draw them to punch you” – not to be violent themselves.)

WASHINGTON—Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump had one of the busiest days of his campaign on Monday, Oct. 24. He did two Florida rallies, two Florida round tables, two radio interviews, an interview with Christian conservative Pat Robertson, and an interview with the Palm Beach Post newspaper.

And he said 37 false things — tying the record he set at the third presidential debate, by far the most of any nondebate day since we started counting in September. The list:

1. Falsely said of Clinton’s email deletion: “Sophisticated people, people that really know the Internet and this stuff, said they never even heard of bleaching, because it’s such an expensive process.” (Clinton aides used a software program called BleachBit — which is a free download.)

2. Falsely said, of an allegation that he violated the trade embargo with Cuba, “I mean, I’m hearing this for the first time but I’ll check that.” (Trump was asked about this very subject the day prior, and his senior aides have been asked since the story came out in September.)

3. Falsely said, “And I’ve been endorsed largely, at least conceptually, by the military.” (The military does not issue endorsements, and it is nonsensical to say he has been “conceptually” endorsed by the military. Trump has endorsements from retired officers, but so does Clinton.)

4. Falsely said, “Wow, just came out on secret tape that Crooked Hillary wants to take in as many Syrians as possible.” (No such tape has just come out. In an undercover video by a conservative group in 2015, Clinton aide Huma Abedin benignly agrees with a provocateur’s suggestion that the U.S. should accept Syrian refugees, as Clinton has said publicly.)

5. Falsely tweeted, “Why has nobody asked Kaine about the horrible views emanated on WikiLeaks about Catholics? Media in the tank for Clinton but Trump will win!” (Democratic vice-presidential candidate Tim Kaine was asked in various interviews about Clinton aides’ comments about Catholics.)

6. Falsely said, “She got the debate questions in advance. Think of it. Did you hear this? Hillary Clinton got the debate questions in advance from Donna Brazile!” (This is false in more than one way. Clinton appears to have been given one question by Brazile, not questions plural, and it was for a CNN town hall during the Democratic primary in March, not a debate. And certainly not a general-election debate, as Trump was implying.)

7. Falsely said, “Hillary Clinton gave Russia 20 per cent of American uranium. And you know, she was paid a fortune.” (Clinton didn’t personally give Russia uranium — the State Department was one of nine government entities that endorsed the purchase of Uranium One by a Russian state-owned enterprise. Investors in the deal made big donations to the Clinton Foundation, but “at least two years before the deal,” Politifact reports. There is no evidence that Clinton personally profited at all.)

8. Falsely said, “New Hampshire was my first win. Then I went on to win 42 states.” (Trump won 36 states in the Republican primary.)

9. Falsely said of the Clinton campaign, “They’ve given up in Ohio.” (They have not. Clinton and her top allies have made repeated October visits to Ohio.)

10. Falsely said of North Carolina, “In your state, I’m one point, two points and even in three polls. One point, two points and even.” (Clinton has led in at least 13 consecutive North Carolina polls.)

11. Falsely said, “All I know is we’re leading in the polls.” (Trump trails by an average of more than five points nationally.)

12. Falsely said, “The new poll that just came out from Investor’s Business Daily, which was the most accurate poll from the last three presidential elections, has us up two points nationwide.” (The IBD poll is a tracking poll that changes daily; as of the moment Trump spoke, Clinton had a 0.1 per cent lead in it. She leads by 0.8 points in it. The IBD poll was not the most accurate poll in the last election.)

13. Falsely said, “Everybody had me winning the third debate.” (False. Trump lost in every scientific poll.)

14. Falsely said, “I won the last two debates, and every poll showed it.” (False. Trump lost in every scientific poll.)

15. Falsely said, “Like the ABC phony poll that just came in. Totally phony poll.” (The ABC poll is a legitimate poll.)

16. Falsely tweeted, “Major story that the Dems are making up phony polls in order to suppress the the (sic) Trump.” (This did not happen.)

17. Falsely said, “We’re way ahead in Ohio.” (Trump has a tiny lead in Ohio, 0.4 per cent in the average poll.)

18. Falsely said, “We’re leading Ohio by five or six points, we’re even in Florida, we’re leading North Carolina.” (Trump has a tiny lead in Ohio, 0.4 per cent in the average poll. He is down by an average of four points in Florida. He has trailed in 13 consecutive North Carolina polls.)

19. Falsely said of polls, “When they leave them alone and do them properly, I’m leading … they’re polling Democrats.” (Pollsters are conducting legitimate polls. Trump is losing in almost all of them.)

20. Falsely said, “WikiLeaks also shows how John Podesta rigged the polls by oversampling Democrats … a voter suppression technique.” (This is one of the most comprehensively wrong sentences of the campaign. One: the hacked email in question is from 2008. Two: it is not from Podesta. Three: it was about internal polling, not public polling. Four, oversampling is a polling technique used to ensure accurate data about demographic groups, not to rig polls. Five, it is not a voter suppression technique.)

21. Falsely said, “Seventy-five per cent of the American people think our country is on the wrong track, according to all of the latest polls” and “Close to 80 per cent of the people in this country feel that our country is going in the wrong direction.” (The “wrong track” number averages 64 per cent in the polls. It has not been higher than 70 per cent in any poll for more than three months, according to RealClearPolitics.)

22. Falsely said of Syrian refugee intake, “We’re allowing thousands of people, we don’t know who they are, where they’re from, we know nothing about them.” (The refugees are put through an extensive screening process. Trump can argue that the U.S. still does not know enough about them, but it is false to say it knows nothing.)

23. Falsely said, “She lies more than any human being.” (Trump lies far more frequently.)

24. Falsely said, “When Hillary Clinton was secretary of state they would catch a murderer, drug lords, gang members, violent criminals and they would bring them back to their country … Hillary Clinton was told that their country won’t take them, so she said, that’s okay bring them back, we don’t want to create waves.” (This is thoroughly incorrect. When countries won’t take back an illegal immigrant who has committed a crime, the U.S. does not deport them anyway. It was not Clinton’s choice to release them; under a 2001 Supreme Court decision, they cannot be held indefinitely.)

25. “When you hear about the highest murder rate in 45 years, there’s a lot of reasons for it.” (The increase in murders between 2014 and 2015, 11 per cent, was the highest in 45 years. But the number of murders was even lower than it was 45 years ago — even though the country had more than 100 million more people. The murder rate remains near a historic low.)

26. “Premiums are going up 70, 80, 90 per cent” and “The rates are going up 60, 70, per cent.” (Obamacare prices are jumping, but Trump greatly overstates the hikes. On the Healthcare.gov federal exchange, the benchmark premium is rising by an average of 25 per cent, the administration announced Monday. Wrote the Washington Post earlier: “State-by-state weighted average increases range from just 1.3 per cent in Rhode Island to as high as 71 per cent in Oklahoma. But the most common plans in the marketplace will see an average increase of 9 per cent, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation’s July analysis.”)

27. Falsely said, of the Veterans Health Association, “In Phoenix, they had people who got caught stealing and they couldn’t fire them. They’re going through a process right now.” (The Phoenix scandal was not about theft but about wait times for care, falsified records and retribution. Though many critics say it should be easier to fire executives in such cases, and there is a legal and political battle over a law that would allow this to happen, Phoenix employees were indeed fired.)

28. Falsely said, “I’ve been endorsed by all the Border Patrol.” (Trump has been endorsed by the Border Patrol agents’ union, not its executives and not the entire entity. Trump usually specifies, but did not here.)

29. Falsely said, “WikiLeaks also shows how John Podesta … he said she has ‘bad instincts.’” (It was not Podesta but another Clinton ally, Neera Tanden, who said her instincts were “suboptimal.”)

30. Falsely described an Obamacare study: “Over two thirds of the counties are losing insurers.” (The Kaiser study found that about one third of U.S. counties will have only one insurer on Obamacare marketplaces. It did not talk about what percentage of counties had lost insurers.)

31. Falsely described a campaign donation: “Listen to this — the FBI is investigating Clinton … and virtually her best friend, and absolutely closest ally, gives $675,000 in campaign contributions to the woman who’s married to the FBI person who’s doing the investigation. No wonder they found nothing wrong.” (The donation by the PAC of Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe to unsuccessful Virginia state Senate candidate Jill McCabe was made before her husband Andrew McCabe was promoted to FBI Deputy Director and before he had responsibility for the email investigation; Trump is clearly suggesting the donation was made during the investigation.)

32. Falsely said of the New York Times, “The Times is going to be out of business pretty soon.” (There is no indication this is even close to true.)

33. Falsely said of lawyer Gloria Allred, “She works for the Clinton campaign.” (Allred is a Clinton supporter who was a delegate to the Democratic convention, but she does not work for the campaign.)

34. Falsely said, of illegal immigrants committing murders, “This crime wave ends, believe me, quickly, when I am president.” (There is no evidence of a wave of crime by illegal immigrants. Studies suggest that immigrants are less likely to commit crimes, not more.)

35. Falsely said, “We’re giving you massive tax relief for the middle class.” (Experts say the overwhelming majority of Trump’s cuts will go to the rich. Half are for the top 1 per cent, according to the Tax Policy Center, and some middle-class families will pay even more than they do now. Most families below the top 20 per cent of earners are expected to reap income gains of less than 1 per cent.)

36. Falsely said, “Hillary Clinton is going to raise your taxes substantially.” (Clinton is only raising taxes on the highest earners. The Tax Policy Center says most residents below the top 1 per cent will receive minor tax cuts under her plan, and even most of the highest earners will not see a doubling.)

37. Falsely said, of Clinton’s abortion views, “a day prior to birth you can take that baby.” (Abortions are not performed a day prior to birth, doctors say.)

The two candidates are NOT equivalent when it comes to falsehoods. Trump is in a unique historical category.

Wow! The problem, of course, with a pathological liar... is that he's a pathological liar. That means that every word coming out of his mouth is under suspicion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aye. And it's tough because saying "both of them lie" doesn't really catch the order of magnitude in difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
Aye. And it's tough because saying "both of them lie" doesn't really catch the order of magnitude in difference.

And yet one of them is under investigation by the FBI, and made provably false statements to the american people.
I wonder which one it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

And yet one of them is under investigation by the FBI, and made provably false statements to the american people.

Actually, the investigation is not reopened, and the vast amount of false statements made to the American people was by The Donald. Because if you think she lied more than Trump in this campaign, you are seriously ignorant of the facts. Or do you just get your "News" from Trump-approved sources?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:

Well, that's just nitpicking, innit?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

And Trump has two trials actually coming up. One for the violent rape of an underage girl at a sex party (with a witness). The other for massive nationwide fraud charges.

Trump has made dozens of false statements per day to the american people per the article right here in this thread.

And Trump's going to lose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

And Trump has two trials actually coming up. One for the violent rape of an underage girl at a sex party (with a witness). The other for massive nationwide fraud charges.

Trump has made dozens of false statements per day to the american people per the article right here in this thread.

Yes, one liar is going to beat the other liar in the election.
The one that does win will not be a entity of pure truth and a person of upstanding integrity that everyone int he world can look up to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

The one that does win will not be a entity of pure truth and a person of upstanding integrity that everyone int he world can look up to.

In other words, they'll be a politician.

I'll take Clinton: the over qualified, over prepared, intelligent one who doesn't grope women.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

In other words, they'll be a politician.

I'll take Clinton: the over qualified, over prepared, intelligent one who doesn't grope women.

Yeah, she just shuts up women that accuse her husband of rape.
That is much better. Considering she believes all women should be heard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:

Could you please link or reference to when and how exactly she did that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

I dont know if your small brains could handle having to peek out of your tiny bubbles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
StormKnight wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

I dont know if your small brains could handle having to peek out of your tiny bubbles.

So...shall I take that as a 'no'?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2016/10/31/donald-trump-w...

Quote:
Donald Trump, who made 27 false claims on Sunday, Oct. 30, says he’s ‘winning many national polls’

Trump even managed to get in a lie about Frank Sinatra at one of his three rallies on Sunday.

WASHINGTON, D.C.—Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump did three rallies on Sunday, October 30. He said 27 false things:

Las Vegas, Nevada

1. Falsely said, “We’re winning many national polls.” (Repeated at both rallies later in the day. At the time he spoke in Las Vegas, Trump was only leading in the Los Angeles Times tracking poll that has been consistently most favourable to him. He was tied in one other poll, by Rasmussen, and trailing in all the others.)

2. Falsely said, “We’re ahead in many states, including your great state and North Carolina.” (The North Carolina claim was repeated at a rally later in the day. Trump is trailing in both Nevada and North Carolina.)

3. Falsely said of Clinton’s email deletion, “Did anybody ever hear of bleaching? You know why? It’s such an expensive process.” (Trump uses “bleaching” to refer to Clinton aides’ use of a software program called BleachBit, which is free.)

4. Falsely said, “It was publicly reported that sources close to Hillary Clinton said, and she actually I think said it to the papers, that she was thinking of reappointing Attorney General Lynch. She was thinking. She said it. I mean, it was a statement she made . . . she said it publicly, I believe.” (The first part is true — a Times story in July said that “Democrats close to Mrs. Clinton say she may decide to retain Ms. Lynch” — but the second part is not. Clinton did not say this publicly; it was not a “statement she made.”)

5. Falsely said of Iran, “Their $150 billion payment started the next day.” (Said at another rally later in the day: “We can’t continue to make deals like that horrible Iran deal where we give them $150 billion back.” The nuclear deal with Iran did not involve a $150 billion payment; rather, a smaller amount of Iranian assets were unfrozen. The Treasury Department told Congress in 2015 that total Iranian assets were estimated at $100 billion to $125 billion; it put the “usable liquid assets” at around $50 billion. Secretary of State John Kerry said Iran would get about $55 billion.)

6. Falsely said of Frank Sinatra, “When he originally heard and sang for the first ‘My Way’ . . . he didn’t like it. But then he sang it a couple times and then it went to No. 1 and all of a sudden he loved it.” (Sinatra did not actually come to like the song. His daughter Tina said in 2000, “He always thought that song was self-serving and self-indulgent. He didn’t like it. That song stuck and he couldn’t get it off his shoe.”)

7. Falsely said, “We have a trade deficit with China (of) almost $500 billion a year.” (Even excluding services trade, the trade deficit with China was $367 billion last year. This year, it was $225 billion through August.)

8. Falsely said of the illegal immigrant who killed Nevada teenager Rene Angulo, “Everybody said we must get him out of our country. We must incarcerate him. This guy was brutal . . . He had a record as long as your arm, but the Obama administration didn’t want to put him out.” (There is no evidence that the Obama administration made any decision about this man. He had been deported twice in the past.)

9. Falsely said of illegal immigrants, “This crime wave will end.” (Repeated at another rally later in the day. There is no wave of crime by illegal immigrants. Trump merely cited two anecdotes.)

10. Falsely said, “We owe China $1.5 trillion.” (This is an exaggeration; it is closer to $1.1 trillion. “The biggest foreign holder of U.S. government debt had $1.19 trillion in bonds, notes and bills in August, down $33.7 billion from the prior month, the biggest drop since 2013,” Bloomberg reported in October.)

11. Falsely said of Hillary Clinton’s handling of convicted illegal immigrants whose home countries would not accept their return: “She would always let them come back (to America). She didn’t want to make waves.” (These immigrants were not actually sent to their refusing home countries; they were simply released from prison in the U.S. This was not Clinton’s personal choice: a 2001 Supreme Court decision requires their eventual release if they can’t be deported.)

12. “Murder is — in 45 years, right now, the rates are the highest they’ve been . . . and they don’t want to talk about it.” (Repeated at another rally later in the day. The murder rate is among the lowest of the past 45 years. While it rose more than 10 per cent between 2014 and 2015 — the biggest spike in 45 years — it was still near historic lows at 4.9 per 100,000 people in 2015; 45 years prior, in 1970, it was 7.9 per 100,000 people.)

Greeley, Colorado

13. Falsely said of Florida’s early voting, “They’ve never had lines before (the Trump campaign came along).” (Florida has indeed had long lines for early voting in past elections. One 2012 headline read, “Florida Early Voting Fiasco: Voters Wait For Hours At Polls As Rick Scott Refuses To Budge.”)

14. Falsely said Clinton wants “virtually unlimited immigration from the most dangerous regions in the world.” (Clinton is calling for no such thing.)

15. Falsely said, “She also wants to raise your taxes through the roof.” (This would only be a fair argument if he was speaking to an audience of rich people. Clinton is only raising taxes on the highest earners. The Tax Policy Center says most residents below the top 1 per cent will receive minor tax cuts under her plan, and even most of the highest earners will not see a doubling.)

16. Falsely said, “Hillary wants to raise your taxes to almost 50 per cent.” (Again, this is only close to true for rich people. Under Clinton’s plan, only people making more than $5 million a year would face a top marginal rate of, effectively, 44 per cent. People below the top 1 per cent will see only minor changes.)

17. Falsely said, “We take care, in many cases, of illegal immigrants more so than we take care of our great veterans.” (Every news outlet that has examined this claim has found it ridiculous.)

18. Falsely said, “Hillary Clinton said the veterans’ administration is doing just fine.” (This is an exaggeration. Clinton said the problems at the VA had “not been as widespread as it has been made out to be,” but she did not say it was “fine.” She went on in the same interview to acknowledge problems and suggest how to improve them.)

19. Falsely said under Clinton’s plan, “We could have 600 million people pour into our country.” (While anything “could” happen, there is no basis for this huge number, nearly double the current U.S. population.)

Albuquerque, New Mexico

20. Falsely said, “We’re tied in New Mexico.” (Clinton leads by an average of nine points in New Mexico polls.)

21. “Hillary Clinton on the other hand is going to raise your taxes by almost 50 per cent.” (There is no basis for this claim.)

22. Falsely said, “Think of this: we’re the highest-taxed nation in the world.” (The U.S. does not even have the highest corporate taxes, though it is near the top. Where all taxes are concerned, the U.S. is below the average for OECD industrialized nations.)

23. Falsely said, “We’ve received the first-ever endorsement from ICE.” (ICE, a government agency called Immigration and Customs Enforcement, does not endorse candidates. Trump received an endorsement from a union of ICE employees, not the agency itself.)

24. “You could have 650 million people pour in and we do nothing . . . that’s what could happen. You could triple the size of our country in one week.” (While anything “could” happen, there is no basis for this huge number, nearly double the current U.S. population.)

25. Falsely said, “The Cubans gave me their most coveted award, and it was a great honour.” (Trump received an endorsement last week from the Cuban-American Bay of Pigs Veterans Association in Miami. It was not an award, nor from “the Cubans” or even the broader Cuban-American community more broadly.)

26. Falsely said of the U.S. troop withdrawal from Iraq, “It left a vacuum, and from that vacuum, ISIS formed.” (The complete troop withdrawal happened in 2011. The group has roots as far back as 1999, and it was already using the name Islamic State by 2006.)

Twitter

27. Falsely said, “Wow, Twitter, Google and Facebook are burying the FBI criminal investigation of Clinton.” (There is no good evidence for this claim.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
StormKnight wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/26498...

http://www.dailywire.com/news/9585/9-times-hillary-clinton-t...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
StormKnight wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

Guess you should have waited at least 2 minutes to thumb and tip that Maxo. Poor guy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.