GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 81.37

5,442 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
34.3% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

James Wyatt
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hello, this is my first time creating a board game, with the intent to put the game on Kickstarter. I am currently at the end of play testing the game and so am looking to find any interested artists to collaborate with me on the game. I must stress the point that at this point in time I am unable to pay for services rendered. However if the game is successfully funded on Kickstarter then I would immediately pay a fee, agreed between ourselves.

The game is called For Gwylfindor, here is a brief introduction to the game.

The islands of Gwylfindor have been ruled by the royal house of Ottovar for a thousand years. Now the last king, Wilhelm III has been murdered, leaving the kingdom without an heir. Before his death, the king decreed that one of the realm's governors would inherit the throne. Having failed to name which governor would be his successor, the realm has been thrown into a state of civil war. Now as chaos looms the Governors must summon their fleets and fight...
For Gwylfindor!

The game is a victory points based game, in which players try to raise their For Gwylfinscore from 0 to 20 by capturing islands using ships and citizens, players are also able to construct buildings, hire mercenaries and summon sea monsters to aid in their quest for the throne.

If anyone is interested please let me know.

Many thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Kirk
United Kingdom
Barnsley
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will tell you this now. It is hard to get people to work without payment upfront, or at least a portion.

You will need someone who believes in your project as much as you do if you want them to work with you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Colmer
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
designer
I continue to see posts where people are looking for free artwork, which is kind of insulting as this is how many of us make our living, it's not a hobby, it's our job, its how we feed our families.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santiago
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IMO, while I do fully agree with the other posters, I tend to explain this gently, and I never take it as an insult (am a 2D/3D artist and graphic designer). The people posting this typical thing, close to never know the situation and reasons why it can upset the readers (indeed, not always artists). That said, I'd much warn about the fact that in the very rare case (this is why this rarely is a threat, at all, for professional artists) you find one even just an average quality artist to collaborate, and sustain the work during project's life, you need to be ready for a better offer: Not an agreed payment only, but that AND a % from benefits. If the artist falls totally in love with the idea, he/she might suggest only the percentage: And never a 5% like I've seen in some cases (LOL), but a 30% or so of the benefits and maybe no upfront or fixed quantity payment. This, IMO, is extremely rare to happen. And both parts better off with a signed contract, or is like having nothing, in both sides.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.