5 Posts

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Revealing rebel base rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
pippo franco
msg tools
Hello,
I've only played it twice, so I might just have skipped some rule. While playing we had some problems with the conditions for revealing the rebel base.
First of all, is the base revealed if ground units assault the planet, or just when they reach the system space?
The other thing it's a little bit more complicated. Let's say you have a small fleet orbiting the planet in which the base is hidden AND you have a fleet in the rebel base space too. The imperial player enters the system without ground units (maybe because he needs to get to another system, or just to destroy your fleet) and engages the fleet on the system space. According to the rules, the rebel base is not revealed, thus I would expect that you have to fight the imperial fleet with just the rebel fleet orbiting the system space and not the one in the hidden base. But let's say you need to destroy the imperial player's fleet, maybe because you need to achieve an objective or because you just fear the fact that,once space is clear, the Imperial will very likely invade the planet. The quesion is: are you forced to fight the imperial player with the fleet split, or can you reveal the rebel base and merge both the forces on the planet and the ones on the rebel base? Because it would seem that sometimes it would be wiser than keeping it hidden

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The rebel base is revealed immediately if the Empire moves ground units into the system or gains a loyalty token there. Also...

evilostrich wrote:
is the base revealed if ground units assault the planet, or just when they reach the system space?

There is no difference. Ground units are immediately placed on the planet when they are moved into a system, triggering battle with any enemy ground units.

The hidden base can only be voluntarily revealed on the rebel player's turn. You would have to fight the battle you describe without the units in the base space. This is why it pays sometimes to reveal the base on your turn and attack. Case in point, those objectives that you mentioned can only be completed during battles that you, the Rebel player, iniate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
To clarify though, if "just when they reach the system space" you're referring to if, for instance, a Star Destroyed moved to a system without taking and ground troops, loyalty does NOT have to be revealed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:
To clarify though, if "just when they reach the system space" you're referring to if, for instance, a Star Destroyed moved to a system without taking and ground troops, loyalty does NOT have to be revealed.

I'm confused. Loyalty does reveal if the rebel base is there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
David Umstattd wrote:
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:

I'm confused. Loyalty does reveal if the rebel base is there.

I think he got his wires crossed and meant to say the hidden base but typed loyalty instead...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.