Dominion» Forums » General

Subject: The next big question is... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Ciantar
Malta
flag msg tools
mb
Are there going to be more expansions? I really want this game to keep going and going

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Ron
United States
Miami
FL
flag msg tools
NO!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Ron
United States
Miami
FL
flag msg tools
Brandonboards wrote:
Are there going to be more expansions? I really want this game to keep going and going

Have you seen the new cards that replace some of the cards from the base set and from Intrigue?

Around 12 new cards in total.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will go on record by saying: YES
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully not for a while (preferably until 2018). I have other things I need to get done besides spending my life updating the Complete Dominion Companion for free all the time. I still haven't finished with the Second Edition update!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hunt
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Whaleyland wrote:
Hopefully not for a while (preferably until 2018). I have other things I need to get done besides spending my life updating the Complete Dominion Companion for free all the time. I still haven't finished with the Second Edition update!

Sounds like someone needs to include a PayPal donation link in the CDC. I know I'd toss you a few quid for it.

As for new Dominion expansions, I would not at all be surprised if there's one or two more left in the tank for DXV. He seems to be a master of finding a new little area of design space and churning out a couple dozen cards to fill it. I had no idea where Dominion would go after Adventures added a bunch of tokens and the Traveller Cards and whatnot...and then here comes Landmarks and debt cards!

Although I kinda hope we get some small box expansions soon...I think that might ease the sting of "Oh god, there's ANOTHER one?" if its a small, tight package.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Garbett
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Will Provide Statistics for Data
mbmbmbmbmb
What's are you looking forward to in 2376? The Dominion Expansion Infinity! It adds meta-recursive moves on a Calabi-yau manifold. The synergies with last years are incredible. One card, the now dreaded Ackermann, is updated to not cause massive deck bloat. Subspace storage solutions delivery is prearranged with this set, and the options of pre-sleeved and in a quantum locked virtual bag of holding is possible.

I hate when I tin-foil hat falls off at night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Doney
msg tools
jivjov wrote:
Although I kinda hope we get some small box expansions soon...I think that might ease the sting of "Oh god, there's ANOTHER one?" if its a small, tight package.

If I remember correctly, Donald X. has said that they won't do any more small expansions. Any new expansions will be full size.

And to supplement what blueart1 said above, it's 14 new cards. 12 were removed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RevanFan wrote:
jivjov wrote:

If I remember correctly, Donald X. has said that they won't do any more small expansions. Any new expansions will be full size.

And to supplement what blueart1 said above, it's 14 new cards. 12 were removed.

It was said with Ascension that the small expansions don't sell as well, so they'll only stick with large expansions. IIRC, same reasoning with Dominion. Given how Cornucopia and Guilds got combined into a large box says it all right there.

Plus, I'm not sure how a small box would ease the sting AFAIK, it really was just having another expansion, as opposed to the cost or the # of cards than anything else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten Robinson
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Derek ... It's not for 'free' ...it's for the love of the game ...thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brandonboards wrote:

Why would they make more expansions? This game isn't very popular ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.