Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dylan Bradshaw
United States
North Scituate
Ri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you get luxury goods for excess production twice if you build a building after buying a Patronus?

I.e.

I buy a Patronus at the start of my turn for two coin. I add it next to my luxury card. It costs 2 stone to build. I have 6 stone. I receive 4 luxury goods.

Then I bid for a card with two of those luxury goods. I get it at the end of the round. It costs 2 stone to build. I receive 4 luxury goods again.

Is this correct?

Or the other way would be, both cards cost 2 stone to build and I have 6 so I get two luxury goods.

Another question, one of the Patronus cards has no cost in the upper left. Does the player get excess production from buying this card?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Maynard
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmb
Quote:
Do you get luxury goods for excess production twice if you build a building after buying a Patronus?

As I understand it, yes you do. If a Patronus card requires wood and stone, you gain luxuries for having excess production and then again potentially if you construct a building.

Likewise, if a supply phase hits, you might earn luxuries by having a surplus of grain and also earn them by purchasing a Patronus card that requires grain.
Quote:
Another question, one of the Patronus cards has no cost in the upper left. Does the player get excess production from buying this card?

I would say not, just like you don't earn luxury goods by constructing landscapes that have no building costs.

That's not an official ruling of course, just my interpretation of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mo
United States
Downingtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine opinion isn't official either, but I'm with Simon.

I need to play this again soon, too. Great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Bradshaw
United States
North Scituate
Ri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK so your saying during the supply phase that the player pays for the grain required by Patronus cards first and then regular cards separately?

I.e. One of the Patronus costs 6 grain to build. If I have it under construction during the supply phase. Then I have to complete it. Would I be able to use my production grain twice - once to complete construction then again to feed my people?

This doesn't seem right to me. My wife and I played that your production happens once per round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Eisenstein
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Simon was right (so you were right too, Dylan).
The Patronus Card with no cost on the upper left will give you no luxury - like all other power cards with nothing on the upper left side!

At the supply you count all production together and use it once.

Greetings
Bernd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mo
United States
Downingtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dylanbradshaw wrote:
OK so your saying during the supply phase that the player pays for the grain required by Patronus cards first and then regular cards separately?

I.e. One of the Patronus costs 6 grain to build. If I have it under construction during the supply phase. Then I have to complete it. Would I be able to use my production grain twice - once to complete construction then again to feed my people?

This doesn't seem right to me. My wife and I played that your production happens once per round.

Dylan - a Patronus card cannot be under construction. I asked in the solo game thread. Here is Bernd's reply:

irongames wrote:
Hello Mo!

About your question: No - a patronus card cannot be "under construction"!

Greetings
Bernd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Bradshaw
United States
North Scituate
Ri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oooooh surprise looking forward to my next game now so I can play correctly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.