Popular Tags: [View All]
Mohd Nur Adli Haji Abd Ghani
Brunei
Bandar Seri Begawan
Brunei-Muara
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!
I think having a thread for all the questions about cards or rules would be a nice one to have, so that players can find an all-in-one place.
So if anyone has any questions, just post them here.
Below is some of the questions I asked, and was answered nicely!
[I will collect any further questions here once answered]

Q: does Bio-suit negates the damage through Bio-Decay Pumps like Dripping Leaks?
A: Yes, the any damage symbol means that it reduces any damage coming from a source with the Bio-Decay keyword to 0

Q: Does Living Legend pump means that the pumped character can't be intercepted, but other Gladiators can still intercept an attack targeting the pumped character? As the Festering Stink pump was more specific.
A: That's correct! Festering Stink is definitely more specific because it blocks both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brunei
Bandar Seri Begawan
Brunei-Muara
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a few questions,

Q: When something [i.e a card or ability] tells you to pick a card from a deck and put it into the hand/discard, does that also means that the deck should be reshuffled? It doesn't actually specified, and there was no rules in the ruleset or references noting as such.

Q: For Clairvoyant Orb, it is stated that it can only be pumped on Unset Gladiators, so if the Gladiator becomes set, is the pump discarded or/and its effects not in play?

Q: When making an attack, it is stated that only an Opponent's Character is available as a target, so does Blighted Blade still follow this? I would assume yes, as it doesn't state otherwise [so it just give a player to move an attack that is lethal to another target].

Q: In Calm Hovering, it states that the Attacker's controller decide on the effects - either +2 Resource or heal 1 wound for the Gladiator that you control. As it is the player's card and not the opponents, it would correct that the +2 Resource would go the player rather than the attacker's?

Any replies are greatly appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Robinette
United States
Westbury
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Silverarm wrote:
I have a few questions,

Q: When something [i.e a card or ability] tells you to pick a card from a deck and put it into the hand/discard, does that also means that the deck should be reshuffled? It doesn't actually specified, and there was no rules in the ruleset or references noting as such.

Yes, you should always reshuffle whenever you go into your Deck for a card.

Silverarm wrote:
Q: For Clairvoyant Orb, it is stated that it can only be pumped on Unset Gladiators, so if the Gladiator becomes set, is the pump discarded or/and its effects not in play?

Those requirements/limits are only checked when the card is played. Once it's in play, it's fine if the Character it's on Sets.

Silverarm wrote:
Q: When making an attack, it is stated that only an Opponent's Character is available as a target, so does Blighted Blade still follow this? I would assume yes, as it doesn't state otherwise [so it just give a player to move an attack that is lethal to another target].

Yes, the Attack must still be a legal Attack. The Attacking Character can still only Attack a target controlled by an opponent. (in a multi-player game, this can be quite fun!) Unless specifically noted, a player can never have one of his Characters attack another of his own Characters, even via the effects of another card.

Silverarm wrote:
Q: In Calm Hovering, it states that the Attacker's controller decide on the effects - either +2 Resource or heal 1 wound for the Gladiator that you control. As it is the player's card and not the opponents, it would correct that the +2 Resource would go the player rather than the attacker's?

Yes, that's correct. The opponent decides the effect, but the player of the card gets the benefits.

Silverarm wrote:
Any replies are greatly appreciated!

Absolutely!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brunei
Bandar Seri Begawan
Brunei-Muara
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there!
I finally cave in, and gotten some old Ophidian 2350 set, so am mighty excited for those to come in, but I do have a few more questions, if you don't mind.
1/What is the ruling on mixed-Discipline Strategy cards? Are they considered cards of all noted Disciplines, so will they be affected by effects that specifically note a Discipline? Does the position of the Discipline determines their Discipline as a whole?
I hope this is clear enough, my apologies if it isn't.

2/What is the rules for Zones? Whether a player has a limit on the number of Zones they can play onto the field?

3/Unique cards state that they are limited to just 1 on the field for all players, but what about unique quick-hits? Do they follow the same rules, thus can be played multiple times in a Wave as long as another player doesn't play the same card in the same instance? Or do they follow the rules noted in 2350, that they are limited to once per player per Wave?

Once again, thank you for the help!
I am really enjoying the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Robinette
United States
Westbury
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

1 - Yes, they are considered cards of all noted Disciplines. The position does not (at present) have any effect on the cards, though the position may factor in in the future.

2 - The rules for Zones are currently the rules from the 2350 edition. 2360 rules for Zones may alter them slightly, but not for a bit more time.

3 - That's a bit of a quirky one. Unique Characters and Pumps (and Zones) should follow the 2360 rules, but Unique Quick-Hits should follow the 2350 rules.... limited to once per Wave.

Thank you!
J
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.