Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could someone please explain to me how the too high of rating for a division works? There is a little gray area on the chart for 8 overalls in division 4 that says 32+ (or something like that). Does that mean that a 32+ can play but nobody else? Or the other way around? Thematically, the latter would make sense, mechanically the former.

Also, is that just for transfers or can I skill up a player to that level without having to transfer. Like can I homegrow a 9 overall goalie in division four without having to transfer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question. I just checked this sheet and it's actually not as clear as I always thought it was.

White means a player of that rating will play in that league. Black means they won't. Grey means they'll play at that rating if they're that age or higher (like when old professionals drop through the leagues to get regular game time).

So for the 4th division, players of any age will play if they're rated 6, 6.5, 7, 7.5. If they're rated 8 they will only drop down so far if they're 32 or older. If they're rated 8.5, 9, 9.5 or 10 they won't play at such a low level.

I hope that answers the question clearly enough?

As for the other question, the End of Season section states that:

"Any players who are too good for the current league (if promoted or
relegated than that league is the current league) must be transfer listed.
They can be used in future matches until they are sold."

So you may have made them the player they are, but now they want to leave you if you can't promise them good enough football!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.