Subject: Human Recon Force Skill rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Derderian
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
You draw a terrain card from any deck for each battle that the Humans are the attacker.

My question is if you enter 3 battles as the Human attacker in Phase I and play the skill, you get 3 terrain card of your choice. You can then use those cards in upcoming battles or save them for future use. In other words you get to keep them and use them any way you want. When you use them they go to your discard pile. Let me know if we played this correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rderderian wrote:
You draw a terrain card from any deck for each battle that the Humans are the attacker.

My question is if you enter 3 battles as the Human attacker in Phase I and play the skill, you get 3 terrain card of your choice. You can then use those cards in upcoming battles or save them for future use. In other words you get to keep them and use them any way you want. When you use them they go to your discard pile. Let me know if we played this correctly.

Seems correct as you described it. This card basically replaces the Draw card action for the Humans, assuming they initiate sufficient battles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Derderian
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
Thank you for the quick answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Schmuelling
msg tools
mb
We have not played a whole lot of games yet, but this skill seems to be one of the very best so far. It basically says "draw 2-4 terrain cards" in a 3 player game, which translates to 2-4 actions, that you can take instantly between your regular actions to refill your entire hand. In a card-driven game, drawing cards is always something that has to be valued very highly imo.
Not playing aggressively against the human player having this skill seems like an autoloss.
Anyone else experienced this skill in this way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Attrition counters this. They'll have to constant recruit and return to the front lines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.