Subject: "City" field in GeekMarket rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Liu Apertotes
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Hi! I have several games on my wishlist, and filtering them in the geek market is really fantastic. Since I can also filter by country, it becomes even more fantastic. Yet for very big countries like US or Canada, it would be very useful to add a new field for "City". It would save a lot of useless emails asking sellers if they live in Montreal and whether they would be willing to meet in order to save the shipping costs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a related issue, even if not entirely responsive to your message. Look at my userid to the left of my message. See the country flag ? if you hold your mouse pointer over the top of the flag you will also see my City. That is because I have provided this information in my Profile area.

Right now I do not see any of this information with your userid because it has not been entered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liu Apertotes
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
TVis wrote:
Here is a related issue, even if not entirely responsive to your message. Look at my userid to the left of my message. See the country flag ? if you hold your mouse pointer over the top of the flag you will also see my City. That is because I have provided this information in my Profile area.

Right now I do not see any of this information with your userid because it has not been entered.

Are you suggesting that I should try to do that with sellers to learn where they live? I do not think that is the best solution. First, many users do not fill out that information. And second, it takes a lot of clicks from the geek market to reach the user profile.

Either way, thanks for pointing it out. I did not know about that feature, and while cumbersome, it is indeed a way to guess the location of the item in certain cases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
apertotes wrote:
Are you suggesting that I should try to do that with sellers to learn where they live?

Mostly I brought it up to encourage you to make your own entry visible to the rest of us. Overall this system might be useful to you if you are able to review what others have entered (if at all) to indirectly assist in your search.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.