Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A Huynh
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey all, I have a chance to buy a KS edition with all the stretch goals from a guy who backed the game, the base "Deluxe" version is going to hit more retailers soon (I would assume), so just trying to decide between the two versions.

Anybody have thoughts on if the expansions included in the KS edition is worth the $70 (CAD) price difference? I like the idea of variability in the experts available, but some other exclusives are mostly cosmetic (like the wine bottles).

I mean Vinhos has been well regarded for many years just in the base game form, so I'm sure I'll be happy with just the base Deluxe edition. But if anyone that has played with some or all of the extras can weigh in that would be great to hear some opinions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastien Maire
France
St Jean de Moirans
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have to pay 70$ more, then I would not recommend the SG.
They add some variability as said, but it doesn't worth that price.
The more useful: alternative experts, special vintage tile (with 0 production), the 2 islands, special cellar and why not tourists

All other stuff is not really needed, and is even not used with my playing group.

So does it worth 70$... clearly not, but the one I have selected clearly bring some new fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a pretty pricy hike in cost.

Actually, I like the stretch goals a lot. It's like getting an expansion. Two islands, bigger cellar variant, larger variety of wine tasters, tourist variant. There's a lot more added game-wise than the Gallerist stretch goals.

I don't know how much it would cost, but another option would be to buy the standard version (of deluxe) then get the stretch goals from Egale-Gryphon when they become available separately. Might be a bit cheaper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristi S
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eagle has them available on their website for $49.99 (US) for all 4 expansions. You can also purchase the expansions separately if you only want some. They also have a bundle of the base game and all 4 expansions for $129.99 (US).

http://www.eaglegames.net/SearchResults.asp?Search=vinhos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ksaeger wrote:
Eagle has them available on their website for $49.99 (US) for all 4 expansions. You can also purchase the expansions separately if you only want some. They also have a bundle of the base game and all 4 expansions for $129.99 (US).

http://www.eaglegames.net/SearchResults.asp?Search=vinhos

Yeah. Problem is the CAD dollar sucks right now and shipping makes it even more expensive.

Personally, I've got everything and I would recommend saving your money. The expansions add a lot of variety and changes and options, but unless you end up playing the game a ton, you are fine saving your money. If you do end up playing a lot and want more, you can always buy the expansions in the future (most likely) anyway.

I would recommend the island expansions if anything.

The thing people aren't really mentioning is that you technically get two games with Vinhos Deluxe. The new version of the game and a tweaked version if the original. I think that alone is enough to keep you interested for a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
katanan wrote:
Anybody have thoughts on if the expansions included in the KS edition is worth the $70 (CAD) price difference?

I can't really answer your question but I would just like to add that based on my love of the original game I don't really think any expansion is necessary. The bling is nice and ultimately my wife did order the deluxe version from Boardgamebliss as a bday gift to me but any other way I would have gone for the base game only. As a side note, they originally had it up for $140 but bumped it up to $170 to add "free" shipping, luckily I got it before the hike.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludger W.
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
For me , i wanted the strecht goals. There are not many rly big and good games like this. I am not a big fan of tabletop games with tons of miniatures, but i love euro games. This is big big euro game and i want the whole experience. I think i will buy such a game ony a few times in my life .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan H
Canada
Oshawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't have Vinhos yet, but if Vital's other games are anything to go by, unless you plan on playing this a dozen times with the same group the base games already have tons of depth to explore. I've had Kanban and Gallerist for about a year and have played them 6-10 times and don't feel like they need anything more. I'm personally going to get the standard deluxe version and then maybe add the experts expansion if anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ege Tunca
Turkey
istanbul
flag msg tools
Come to the dark side we got cookies.
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually had the same question but the price difference is 20€ instead of 70CAD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Huynh
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
zebani200 wrote:
I actually had the same question but the price difference is 20€ instead of 70CAD

Well if that's the difference for you then I'd say go for it, cause getting just the gameplay-changing expansions would probably be about 20 Euro if you get them separately from the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoy having some of them, but there's nothing I'd really recommend having. As others have said, the core has plenty of game play. I haven't used any of them yet except for mixing in the wine experts but I also don't care for their abilities as much.

I dislike the winery buildings and, while the port bottles are very cute, they don't have a "+3" marking on them unlike the tokens making them worse play aids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.