1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Anybody else getting just 1 core? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Spain
msg tools
mbmb
I was gifted a preorder for one core so it seems I'll be sticking with just that at least until the deluxe comes out. Anybody else getting just one? I'd love to have two but at least this way I can easier jump ship if it doesn't float for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be getting just the one core set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Black
United States
Moraine
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. I'm all in. Two core sets pre ordered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
1 Core.
Because I'm planning on buying expansions and having multiple copies of cards I'll barely use in my deck building 6 months from now seems like a waste of money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Digman
United States
Hopkins
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Testing...1 2 3
mbmbmbmbmb
c0ntinuum wrote:
I was gifted a preorder for one core so it seems I'll be sticking with just that at least until the deluxe comes out. Anybody else getting just one? I'd love to have two but at least this way I can easier jump ship if it doesn't float for me.

And I can now pick up a second core on the secondary market, if I want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Tamburo
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just one. See no need for multiples out of the gate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sallay
msg tools
mbmb
Yes, though I am open to the idea of getting a second copy in the future. I need to see if I feel like I am really missing something even with several expansions, before I make a final decision. I like the idea of scarcity when picking what to put in my deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael S
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just buying one for now. At least want to play the thing before I even consider buying two sets, geez.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Peckham
England
Dorking
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just one for me. Game is dead anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Patterson
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
I'm only getting one as I see no need for two, especially with expansions coming out so soon. I only got one lotr as well and it was fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
one.
If I can't win with one...either I stink or they should have tested it better.
Somehow, I think it will be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
You got drama all over my meeples!
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
One core--just my wife and I playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just the one here. With a deluxe expansion coming so soon, we'll have plenty of deckbuilding options for the first big campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. I'm getting two cores so I have deckbuilding options from the get go as I'll more than likely being playing solo most of the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Santiago
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Been playing LOTR LCG for years now and never got a second core; except for a few cards that I got on eBay, there's no need. I'm not one of those people who would die if they don't catch em' all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ainsworth
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm the same as Jeremy, never got a second core for LotR and never regretted it. Just going to proxy anything else I need or scan them into OCTGN or TTS and have as many copies as I want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
ASL ... yes, this is my Desert Island Game. If I have to give up all my 3000+ games and only allowed to keep one, this would be it. This bloody game stood the test of time. Around for more than 25 years - simply the best.
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmb
One core.

I'll play the first campaign two player and then decide if I want to go on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
123 Fake Street
msg tools
mbmbmb
If I were going to play exclusively solo I would just get 1 copy. But I also want to be able to support 3 or 4 players. Plus, having a second core will give a lot more options for 2 player as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Hocks
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Just going for the 1 Yes. I am probably gonna play it solo with 1 investigator and im not gonna deckbuild like a Pro. Just going to enjoy the experience and geting More and More Cards with every expansion. After a few cycles I Will probably Have enough Cards to make so many variations for All characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Chambers
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Started out thinking I'd buy one and then wait for deluxe expansion. Changed my mind. Playing now, I can see so many places I'd prefer a different build with more core set cards than what I can do with one. I'm playing solo with 2 investigators, btw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Scutt
United Kingdom
Matlock
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just one for me. Buying two copies of the game to get extra copies of the good cards feels a bit like 'pay-to-win' to me...I think it would lessen the satisfaction of beating the game.

Also, I think just having one core set will really increase the excitement/effect of getting new cards in the expansions.

But then I'm in it for the narrative rather than optimal deckbuilding...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris thatcher
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I buy it I'll buy 1. Have never bought more than one for any lcg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just getting one for now. Probably plenty of game with just one core.

Other people in my area are picking it up so I probably won't need to set it up for 4 players just from my card pool. Will be playing two player from my cards. If any of the neutral cards are absolutely necessary for better gameplay, I'm not afraid to proxy.

May end up getting a second core eventually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
koraldon
Israel
holon
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just one, hope it will get here soon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Z
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also 1 here - I find it awefull from FFG that we need/should buy 2 in a COOP game.

For games like Netrunner, I am fine with this system. Tournament Player vs Fun PLayer. But in Coop... I really hate this choice from FFG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.