Hide
6 Posts

The Others» Forums » General

Subject: Do any of the expansions come with extra scenarios? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andre Smothers
msg tools
I see that some of them come with more map tiles, ut are thise just used for homebrew stuff?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
Apocalipse comes with a new story new map layouts for the all existing ones, the team boxes come with new map layouts for the stories on the core set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
Being a Geek is a sure sign of a sound mind, cause it means you think that life as it is is dull and should be more interesting. Which it is.
mbmbmbmbmb
Coiote wrote:
Apocalipse comes with a new story new map layouts for the all existing ones, the team boxes come with new map layouts for the stories on the core set.

(from a poor French guy who's still eagerly waiting for his pledge to come) would you say that amounts to enough game to last for more than, say... 40 games at least without getting bored by the repetition of the same ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank La Terra
Australia
flag msg tools
You get 7 different missions in the core game. Each comes with 2 map layouts.
So that is 14 different setups.
Each team box comes with new tiles and a new set-up (using the new tiles) for the 7 missions.
I think there ended up being 3 team boxes? So that makes another 21 setups.
Plus there was a KS exclusive team box, so add another 7.

Making 35 setups (42 if KS.)

Apocalypse has a new mission and a booklet with setups for all the different team boxes, so another 5 setups in total from memory.

So with that you have a total of 40 (47) different maps to play on.

So yes, heaps of games.

I'm working off my shonky memory so my numbers could be off, but there are plenty of maps to go around. And they are all highly replayable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Skeletor wrote:
You get 7 different missions in the core game. Each comes with 2 map layouts.
So that is 14 different setups.
Each team box comes with new tiles and a new set-up (using the new tiles) for the 7 missions.
I think there ended up being 3 team boxes? So that makes another 21 setups.
Plus there was a KS exclusive team box, so add another 7.

Making 35 setups (42 if KS.)

Apocalypse has a new mission and a booklet with setups for all the different team boxes, so another 5 setups in total from memory.

So with that you have a total of 40 (47) different maps to play on.

That's just counting the officially suggested map layouts. You don't need to follow them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Jørgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So far I keep finding myself going back to Havens Last Stand on the first map option. Still can't beat sin and I recon that it will take 10 or so games before we are able to play without making gamechanging mistakes and has enough experience to beat sin. Only when we are able to win as the heroes will we move on to new maps and scenarios. So bottomline is: yeah sure there is A LOT of replayability in this very fine game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.