10 Posts

Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Asking for replacements, does it even work? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maokai
msg tools
Hello,

I had couple of issues with some tiles/tokens (including missing turn order token). Around 5-6 items. I opened a product replacement query in http://wizkidsreplacementsystem.com , but the package is on status 'Received' for 2 months now.

I tried to contact them by mail, and ask if anything is missing, but I didn't get responses (twice).

Is this normal with Wiz Kids? Anything I'm doing wrong?
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Buckle
United Kingdom
Thornton Heath
Croydon
flag msg tools
designer
Omega Centauri
badge
Published in 2014
mbmbmbmbmb
I put in for a replacement rule book and counters for the expansion, it was 'processing' for about 4 months with no contact from WizKids - then package arrived in the mail, replacement counters and rulebook.

So not hearing anything doesn't mean you won't get the replacements at some point.

Hmmm, not sure if that helps or not!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonia
Germany
Aachen
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly this is perfectly normal for them.

Many of us waited 8 months for our replacement for Mage Knight Board Game: Shades of Tezla Expansion without any reply from their side.
Then the replacements parts suddenly showed up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alas if you search these forums you will find many threads on this issue of replacement and email silence.

On my end I got replacement cards quite fast after requesting them...but when I opened the package I found cards I already had and not what I had been missing (and had requested to be replaced).

So I wrote to them. No reply. After a bit I received YET A SECOND package with cards from them I also already had.

Wrote back. No reply. The whole process took a long time (though I don't remember anymore how long.) I did eventually get the proper replacement cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom R
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I used their online portal to request replacement shield tokens for the Krang expansion, as my copy didn't come with any. After giving up on them ever being sent, one day i opened the mail to receive a heavily padded envelope. Inside was one solitary shield token.

I wrote them an email to explain what had happened, and asked if they could send the remaining 9-10 needed for the character. No response. Sure enough, months later, another solitary shield arrived in the mail!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maokai
msg tools
In that case, I will be creating another package. The original Package I created was only about missing Core game components. Since then I got Lost Legion and it also has a missing token. I was hopping to 'save them' the shipping cost of two packages and instead have them sending one.

But, as they don't seem to answer - and because as you mentioned they just ship them as some point, I'll create a different package for Mage Knight Lost legion.

Thanks everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drunk Celt
United States
California
flag msg tools
I am slowly learning that WizKids have horrible customer service and don't seem to care about being consistent with quality of their products. It's definitely made me hesitant about getting any other of their products.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
barinthus wrote:
I am slowly learning that WizKids have horrible customer service and don't seem to care about being consistent with quality of their products. It's definitely made me hesitant about getting any other of their products.

I agree completely. Imo, all this equates to a very "couldn't care less" attitude towards the customer. I have had dealings with their parts replacement scheme and while I did get the requested parts (to replace Dominion ships that were broken) it was done without any communication whatsoever on their part. (Had the components been packed with some common-sense and a foam pad for protection, they may well not have arrived broken.)

When I compare this company to others - e.g. FFG and WotC (both have excellent customer service with very good communication) - I am left with the impression they aren't bothered to go out of their way and generate customer loyalty.

I will never purchase anything from them again, no mattter how attractive any given game may be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drunk Celt
United States
California
flag msg tools
Yeah after checking out their website, they seems to only care about HeroClix. Mage Knight is likely one of their more popular IPs yet they seem don't mind crapping all over it. There's even no section for Mage Knight on their forums!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goulette
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wizkids replacement system = "set it and forget it"

(They somehow know exactly the date when you have given up hope, then they wait one more week, then you get your package without warning.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.