Escape: The Curse of the Temple – Doomed» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Good but don't pay too much for it rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Inappropriate Andy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Escape: The Curse of the Temple - Doomed is a single punchboard promotional expansion for Escape: The Curse of the Temple, originally given to KickStarter participants. I acquired my copy from the BoardGameGeek store and it is also included in Escape: The Curse of the Temple – Big Box

What you get
The promo consists of one board containing two Counter-spell treasure tiles, one Stand-Up curse tile and one Doomed curse tile. That's it, but it is only a promotional item so no complaining!

How it works
The tiles are simply mixed in to the existing Curse and Treasure decks as you see fit.
The Counter-spell treasure allows you to immediately remove a curse without rolling. The Doomed curse stops you from exiting the temple until the curse is lifted and Stand-Up forces the cursed player to (you've guessed it) stand up until they can roll the correct dice combination.

Worth it?
If we're being honest, there is nothing groundbreaking here, but that's ok. These tiles add more of the same chaos and silliness that Escape is loved for, and more variation along these lines is always welcome in order to keep the game fresh. With games only taking 10 minutes, to me Escape's only major flaw is the need for new content to keep it interesting and this promo certainly contributes in that regard.

I'd question the value of Stand-Up as some of the members of my game group regularly stand for Escape, somewhat negating the curse, but it does add more of the physical silliness we find funny (like the holding a hand to the forehead, forced silence and touching another player curses).
The other curse and treasure are just OK. Plain old OK.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you should absolutely get this promo if you enjoy Escape but only if you can get it cheaply (or even better, free). I wouldn't pay a premium if supply is an issue, unless you're a completionist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.