3 Posts

The U.S. Civil War» Forums » Rules

Subject: Alabama/Mobile River rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brent Manchester
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Am I correct in reasoning that Union River NSP cannot operate up this river because they cannot get there? My reading of the map is you cannot leave the Mississippi and sail along coastal hexes to Mobile Bay and thence up the navigable river, but I'm confused that my reading of the map seems off in the light of 21.2.5 which states "NEW ORLEANS Oceangoing and Rivergoing NSP must always stop at New Orleans or Forts St. Philip/Jackson before proceeding further up the Mississippi or out to the Gulf of Mexico"

Which would seem to indicate River NSP can enter the gulf of Mexico if they keep to the coast, but the end of the Mississippi delta doesn't appear to be a coastal "hex" and the Proctorville Hex doesn't seem to allow River NSP from the Mississippi to sail "around" it and thence along the tidal path.

If so then are Union River NSP de facto limited to the Mississippi and Ohio Rivers and their offshoots?

I note Ocean NSP cannot get past Mobile under the rules.

I think I played Victory Games Civil War too much

and Yes I realise you can use Gunboats in that vicinity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Dauphinais
United States
Chesterfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Union River NSPs cannot go further south or east than Fort St. Phillip/Jackson. The reason is that there are no Coastal Hexes contiguous with Fort St. Phillip/Jackson, which is on the Mississippi River rather than the Gulf Coast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Manchester
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Cheers Jim, as I thought!! As I said too much swanning around in VGs Civil War clouds my mind when I look at the map, but the rules are pretty clear, just needed some reassurance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.