New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I’m reading the supply rules correctly:

12.1 Tracing Supply Lines
12.1a A Supply Line Trace is a path free
of enemy units and EZOCs between each
unit and the side’s supply source.

So I would have to make sure I leave units behind that connect that lead to the supply source of each respective German/Russian to be in supply?

Keith T
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
katalbot wrote:

So I would have to make sure I leave units behind that connect that lead to the supply source of each respective German/Russian to be in supply?

Keith T

If I understand your question correctly, I would ask in return why would you think you need to leave units behind?

In the simplicity that is SCS, supply trace is simply that the supply trace path from your friendly unit back to the game's specific supply source be free of enemy units and/or EZOCs and that path may be any length. Friendly units can negate EZOCs if need be, but hexes traced through from the friendly unit to the supply source do not need to be occupied by a friendly unit or friendly ZOC.

In SCS check the game specific rules for any differences between the SCS general supply trace rule and the game specific supply trace. For example in The Mighty Endeavor, Allied units must be able to trace no more than 5 MPs from the friendly unit to a nation specific HQ (e.g. US unit to US HQ, British unit to a British HQ etc.) which in turn traces to a supply source. For the western Allied forces the supply source would be a functional Port.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Talbot
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
friendc wrote:
katalbot wrote:

Keith T

If I understand your question correctly, I would ask in return why would you think you need to leave units behind?

In the simplicity that is SCS, supply trace is simply that the supply trace path from your friendly unit back to the game's specific supply source be free of enemy units and/or EZOCs and that path may be any length. Friendly units can negate EZOCs if need be, but hexes traced through from the friendly unit to the supply source do not need to be occupied by a friendly unit or friendly ZOC.

In SCS check the game specific rules for any differences between the SCS general supply trace rule and the game specific supply trace. For example in The Mighty Endeavor, Allied units must be able to trace no more than 5 MPs from the friendly unit to a nation specific HQ (e.g. US unit to US HQ, British unit to a British HQ etc.) which in turn traces to a supply source. For the western Allied forces the supply source would be a functional Port.

this is why " between each
unit and the side’s supply source." and the example in the SCS rule book.

The game uses the Supply rules from the SCS rule book.

Keith T
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry I couldn't help. I guess you can ignore what I wrote because I clearly have no idea what you're asking. Nor do I have any idea what you mean by "this is why " between each unit and the side’s supply source.""
Enjoy the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Talbot
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
friendc wrote:
Sorry I couldn't help. I guess you can ignore what I wrote because I clearly have no idea what you're asking. Nor do I have any idea what you mean by "this is why " between each unit and the side’s supply source.""
Enjoy the game.

sorry I was editing the post. I emphasized the rule to point out what I was trying to point out in my post.

unit and the side’s supply source

Thanks for your help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Reed
United States
Clayton
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't know if O'Neill be able to convey this:

I read that to mean that each unit has to trace supply to a supply source independently of each other. For example unit a has to trace supply; unit b has to trace supply; unit c... and so on. Unit a can't use b or c as a source of supply. "B" and "C" may hep negate a zoc, but ultimately unit "a" is tracing its own supply route.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mojayhawk wrote:
I don't know if O'Neill be able to convey this:

I read that to mean that each unit has to trace supply to a supply source independently of each other. For example unit a has to trace supply; unit b has to trace supply; unit c... and so on. Unit a can't use b or c as a source of supply. "B" and "C" may hep negate a zoc, but ultimately unit "a" is tracing its own supply route.

Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Talbot
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks all.

Keith T

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.