12 Posts

The Oracle of Delphi» Forums » Rules

Subject: questions about Artemis and Titan´s Die rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
pelle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Is it possible to discover an island and immediately put one of your shrines on it by using Artemis (the green god) even if you are not next to the tile?

2. When the last player has to skip his turn due to injury cards, he doesn´t roll the Titan´s Die either or does he?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larkin
England
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. No you just flip it and take the bonus even if it is yours. It is another action to place your shrine there

2. If you have to many wounds you miss your turn and heal some wounds but still roll your die ready for your next turn, so other players can still leach off you, and the Titan Dice would be rolled

At least that's how we played

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pelle666 wrote:
1. Is it possible to discover an island and immediately put one of your shrines on it by using Artemis (the green god) even if you are not next to the tile?

2. When the last player has to skip his turn due to injury cards, he doesn´t roll the Titan´s Die either or does he?

1. Yes. The reward for discovering one of your islands is to place your corresponding shrine on it.

2. The last player rolls her dice at the end of her turn along with the Titan die. The Titan die is still rolled, even though the oracle is not consulted (i.e. the other dice are not rolled).

Edit: Updated 2. based on corrections posted below.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rupert rompecabezas
United States
Jonesboro
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JonBen wrote:
Pelle666 wrote:

1. Yes. The reward for discovering one of your islands is to place your corresponding shrine on it.

2. The last player rolls her dice at the end of her turn along with the Titan die.

To 1, yes, putting a shrine on one of your islands is automatic when you explore it (flip it over) using a die that matches the hexagonal outline of the island space. If someone else has already flipped it over, you still must use a die that matches the hexagon.

Actually, when your turn is skipped, you do not reroll but keep what you had rolled previously. On page 4 of the rulebook, "Use your turn to Recover, discarding 3 Injury Cards of your choice and ending
your turn without Consulting the Oracle."

The titan die is more ambiguous but I assume that the titan attacks no matter what.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You may use Artemis to explore ANY tile, even if you are right next to it.

2. If the last player loses their turn due to injury, they skip "consulting the oracle" (rolling their own dice) - so nobody can get bumps on their god tracks - but you still roll the Titan die after each player has had a turn.

You don't get out of receiving injuries just because a particular player was injured that round!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pelle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all thank you all for your answers.

I think my first question was not well written. Here is what I meant: I have the green god on top of the track ready to use. All my 3 dice are spent. I use the green god´s power to reveal a hidden island tile which is not adjacent to my ship. The tile is one that matches the image on one of my Zeus tiles. Now I can place one of my shrines on that island tile. At least this is how I understand the rules.

For my second question: I think the rules should be clearer. Do you have to roll the Titan Die at the end of every round (even if the last player is not rolling his oracle dice because of too many wound crads)?

I hope this makes more sense now..........

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pelle666 wrote:
I think my first question was not well written. Here is what I meant: I have the green god on top of the track ready to use. All my 3 dice are spent. I use the green god´s power to reveal a hidden island tile which is not adjacent to my ship. The tile is one that matches the image on one of my Zeus tiles. Now I can place one of my shrines on that island tile. At least this is how I understand the rules.

Yes, that's how I understood it. The green god let's you explore any island. When you explore and find your shrine location the reward is placing your shrine on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larkin
England
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like I had atriums wrong ad well. Rereading the rules take the corresponding reward means as per page 11 place a shrine if it matches one of your Zeus tiles. Makes it much better that I thought

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pelle666 wrote:
First of all thank you all for your answers.

This is correct.

Quote:
For my second question: I think the rules should be clearer. Do you have to roll the Titan Die at the end of every round (even if the last player is not rolling his oracle dice because of too many wound crads)?

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vahe K
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The outline of the island tile for Artemis power is green, does that mean only flip any green bordered tile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nezrul wrote:
The outline of the island tile for Artemis power is green, does that mean only flip any green bordered tile?

No. I don't think the island tile is green either. It doesn't look that way in the rulebook anyway. Either way the rules are clear

Quote:
Uncover a face down Island Tile.

No mention of colour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nezrul wrote:

It can be any tile, not just one on a green space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.