Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Nichols
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Call the Vanguard from the upcoming expansion states

Quote:
Use at the start of a round. A friendly TROOPER with a figure cost of 4 or greater may interrupt to perform a move and an attack.

E-Web Engineers have the Tripod ability

Quote:
During your activation, you cannot voluntarily exit your space if you attack, and you cannot attack if you exit your space.

So my question is about the "During your activation" part. There is nothing in the RRG under interrupt that says it counts as an activation. Could an E-Web both move and attack if Call the Vanguard was played on it?

It feels to me that RAW is that it can. However, there are others here far better at interpreting the rules than I am.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Correct. The beginning of a round is not the E-Web's activation, so it can move and attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cris Bohde
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My $.02...

Since this isn't the E-Web's ACTIVATION, but an interrupt outside of it's own activation, I would say it should be able to attack and move as part of the Vanguard mission rule.

Edit: ninja'ed!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. The E-Web would first perform a move, gaining movement points according to its speed, and needs to spend them immediately because they are received out of its activation. Then it would perform an attack. Tripod doesn't apply because it is out of its activation, just like Executive Order would not care.

With Inspiring Leadership a combination of Order to perform a move and Executive Order to perform an attack during an Imperial Officer's activation would also be fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
Gotta love those loopholes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no loopholes, just inventive ability combos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
There are no loopholes, just inventive ability combos.

Call it what you want. I'm typically Empire, so I'm all for the euphemisms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Nichols
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks everyone. That's what I thought the answer would be. I think it's a good thing as currently the E-Web has possibly the biggest gap in value between the campaign and skirmish.

In campaign (especially early on) the elite E-Web is great. It can be positioned so they have to come to you. Then they either have to spend loads of actions killing it in a single round or it fires back twice recovering on each.

In skirmish it takes too long to get it into position. It can be done with officers, but then you're using lots of actions just to get a single figure where you want it. This extra 3 MP plus attack is great. First round double move. Second round play the card at the start of the round to get LOS and attack. During the round attack twice more.

(I still wouldn't use one if I was designing an optimal list, but it makes them a bit more viable and more tempting in a casual match)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.