$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 84.41

5,594 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
35.3% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » Rules

Subject: Bloodlust ranged -- Longbow rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Presumably you would be forced to run into a zone with zombies but be unable to fire inside the range of the weapon. I'd guess you would have to allow the bloodluster to stop at minimum range to the target zone?

E.g. You bloodlust by running from a zone 3 away from the zombies to a zone 1 away from the zombies (min range of your longbow) and then perform your combat action?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carbon_dragon wrote:
Presumably you would be forced to run into a zone with zombies but be unable to fire inside the range of the weapon. I'd guess you would have to allow the bloodluster to stop at minimum range to the target zone?

E.g. You bloodlust by running from a zone 3 away from the zombies to a zone 1 away from the zombies (min range of your longbow) and then perform your combat action?


Bloodlust for ranged is a bit bizarre in my opinion, for exactly the reasons your example suggests... However, the verbiage in the Rulebook, is pretty clear that you enter a zone with at least one Zombie.

Z:BP Rulebook wrote:
Bloodlust: Ranged – Spend one Action with the Survivor: He Moves up to two Zones to a Zone containing at least one Zombie. He then gains one free Ranged Action, to use immediately.


What it does not say, is that the target must be in that zone, so a Ranged weapon with 1+ range, could still be used to target zombies in a different zone. Tactically this could make sense if you wanted to take out wolves or runners or something before they get a chance to overwhelm a target. Perhaps relying on another character to deal with the Zombie in the Bloodluster's zone?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, with a Longbow being your only in-hand Ranged weapon, you'd be forced to attack targets outside of the Zone you ran into with the attack portion (or forfeit the attack).

You definitely must run into a Zone with Zombies if you are using Bloodlust, you do not stop short.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Timmermans
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
First of all, you move UP to 2 zones. So you can move just one if you want.
Second, you move TOWARDS a zone containing at least one zombie. If there's a corridor with 5 spaces separating you and a zombie, you use Bloodlust-Ranged, move two spaces towards that zombie, and fire a 3-zone ranged weapon at that zone.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeroenemans wrote:
First of all, you move UP to 2 zones. So you can move just one if you want.
Second, you move TOWARDS a zone containing at least one zombie. If there's a corridor with 5 spaces separating you and a zombie, you use Bloodlust-Ranged, move two spaces towards that zombie, and fire a 3-zone ranged weapon at that zone.

This is incorrect.

In order to use a Bloodlust Skill, you must end up in a Zone with at least one Zombie. This does not change with Ranged weapons.

Here is the Skill text for proof:
Z:BP Rules wrote:
Bloodlust: Ranged – Spend one Action with the Survivor: He
Moves up to two Zones to a Zone containing at least one Zombie.
He then gains one free Ranged Action, to use immediately.


It is not saying you move up to two Zones closer to a Zombie, it says you move up to two Zones into a Zombie's Zone.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Timmermans
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
jeroenemans wrote:
First of all, you move UP to 2 zones. So you can move just one if you want.
Second, you move TOWARDS a zone containing at least one zombie. If there's a corridor with 5 spaces separating you and a zombie, you use Bloodlust-Ranged, move two spaces towards that zombie, and fire a 3-zone ranged weapon at that zone.

This is incorrect.

In order to use a Bloodlust Skill, you must end up in a Zone with at least one Zombie. This does not change with Ranged weapons.

Here is the Skill text for proof:
Z:BP Rules wrote:
Bloodlust: Ranged – Spend one Action with the Survivor: He
Moves up to two Zones to a Zone containing at least one Zombie.
He then gains one free Ranged Action, to use immediately.


It is not saying you move up to two Zones closer to a Zombie, it says you move up to two Zones into a Zombie's Zone.


It doesn't say that at all. It says "Move up to two Zones to a zone containing at least one zombie." Nowhere does it state that you must end up in a zone containing a zombie.

I can walk to the baker's shop, and never enter it, can't I?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeroenemans wrote:
It doesn't say that at all. It says "Move up to two Zones to a zone containing at least one zombie." Nowhere does it state that you must end up in a zone containing a zombie.

I can walk to the baker's shop, and never enter it, can't I?

No, if you never make it then you didn't walk to it. You still walked towards it. There is a subtle difference.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Timmermans
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
jeroenemans wrote:
It doesn't say that at all. It says "Move up to two Zones to a zone containing at least one zombie." Nowhere does it state that you must end up in a zone containing a zombie.

I can walk to the baker's shop, and never enter it, can't I?

No, if you never make it then you didn't walk to it. You still walked towards it. There is a subtle difference.


That's what I get for English not being my first language Thanks for the explanation.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Slade
msg tools
Does anyone have Bloodlust ranged? It would make a lot more sense just to shoot them from where you already are.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vladvonbounce wrote:
Does anyone have Bloodlust ranged? It would make a lot more sense just to shoot them from where you already are.


I don't have everyone but I can't find anyone. It's in the book as is bloodlust magic which could have the same issue right? Good point though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vladvonbounce wrote:
Does anyone have Bloodlust ranged? It would make a lot more sense just to shoot them from where you already are.

True, unless you were out of range to the zone you wanted to shoot at and Bloodlust: Ranged could get you within range.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.